Light Meditation Technique
Visualization Meditation Technique
Today we will explore the Light Meditation Technique which is part of the 10 Bodies of Light Yoga model. The 10 Bodies of Light is the basis of Yoga Numerology and a great way to understand what your strengths, weaknesses and challenges are in this life, thus helping you achieve your highest human potential. I have spoken about this model on the following page and talked about how it is used in Numerology, in relation to your Master Numbers and birth date (Numerology Readings and Master Number Analysis). In my view, a key aspect of such readings are the techniques one uses to balance and heal the indicated bodies. This is what I call a transformation program. The transformation program generally consists of meditations, yoga poses and breathing exercises from the rich schools of Kundalini Yoga and Hatha Yoga, such as this Light Meditation.
The Light Meditation is used to heal and balance the Subtle Body, which is the ninth body in the 10 Bodies of Light model. This is the beautiful technique and it is excellent for those interested in expanding their artistic, creative, intuitive and subtle aspects.
The Light Meditation Technique falls under the category of visualization meditations and is suitable for anyone to practice. As it involves imagination and visualization though, it is particularly enjoyable to artists, psychics, creative personalities and those who are visually or mentally oriented. The meditation involves certain mudras (hand and body positions) to help it achieve it’s goals, but it’s primary mechanism lies in your ability to use your mind and creative powers.
Light Meditation Technique will be the 17th entry in our ongoing and popular Free Online Guided Meditation Techniques E-book. As it is also considered a Kundalini Yoga Kriya, I will include it in the Free Illustrated Kundalini Yoga Kriyas E-Book, as well as the newly launched Free Kundalini Yoga Meditations E-book. Also, as always please follow all guidelines for meditation and yoga practice as I have laid out in the Beginner’s Guide to Yoga Practice and Guidelines for Kundalini Yoga Practice.
Benefits of Light Meditation Technique:
- Increases intuitive abilities and psychic powers.
- Helps one penetrate the mysteries of the Universe.
- Promotes joy and inner peace.
- Increases one’s artistic and creative abilities.
- Helps expand awareness.
- Promotes radiance and inner light.
- Helps one develop mastery over the subtle sciences.
How to Do Light Meditation:
- Sit with your legs crossed with the hands in Gyan Mudra (thumb tip and index finger meeting, other three fingers pointing forward). You can also sit on a chair for this meditation.
- Place your hands in front of you as if holding a book for reading (elbows are bent, the forearms are angled upwards and palms facing you). Now slide the right hand about six inches further up than the left hand. The finger tips of the left hand will be in line with the wrist of the right hand. Hold this position.
- Now visualize yourself walking at the break of dawn in an open field. See above you a single morning star shinning brightly in a still dark early morning sky. The light of a new day is just breaking in. Spend a few moments and immerse yourself fully into this scene.
- Now visualize a beam of pure white light emanating from the star and penetrating your Heart Chakra (middle of your sternum). Allow this beam of light to be a pathway leading up to the star and begin to walk up this pathway of light. Feel great calm and peace as you ascend this pathway of light.
- As you make your way up towards the morning star, repeat silently to yourself, “I am beautiful, I am light.” Continue to walk on this beam of light repeating this phrase mentally. Feel yourself merging more and more into the light, feel yourself become more subtle, more light, more aware, more beautiful, as you continue your journey upwards.
- Finally, take some deep breaths, holding each breath in for as long as comfortable and feel yourself becoming one with light. Feel yourself becoming a being of pure light, beauty and awareness.
- To end, feel bright, beautiful and full of light.
Summary of Light Meditation:
You will notice that no time limit has been given for Light Meditation, as that is open and up to you. Do the meditation for as long as you enjoy . I would suggest starting with at least 3 minutes though.
For those who have inquired, I am putting together a comprehensive training program on how to become a Master Numerologist, so that those of you who are interested in learning this great science, will have the opportunity to do so. The Light Meditation above is an example of a transformation technique that will of course be included in the certification program. The program is not just designed to teach you Numerology, but in it I will also share my knowledge on how to succeed in this arena. One last note is that a good Numerologist should also have refined intuitive abilities, and for that this Light Meditation is a great technique to practice, so while you wait for the program to go live, I suggest giving this meditation some serious attention .