Meditation, Yoga & Self Improvement Carnival- Edition #17
Best Personal Development and Spiritual Growth Blogs
Welcome to the May 5, 2008 edition of the Meditation, Yoga and Spiritual Growth Carnival.
This carnival is perhaps a little too large so I will increase the frequency of it’s publication going forward so that each article and blog can get better focus.
For my fellow active stumblers if you are interested in networking on Stumble Upon, please go ahead and reach out to me. My stumble upon id is http://anmolmehta.stumbleupon.com.
Please link back to this carnival from your Blog, as well as submit the carnival to your favorite social bookmarking sites (Stumble Upon is preferred). More link love the better for everyone :-).
Incredible blog on spirituality and non-duality. Everyone should head over to Tom’s blog, bookmark it and subscribe to his feed. Enough said.
More featured articles from great spiritual and personal development blogs and expert authors…
2. Tarakananda presents The Key to Finding God posted at The Atma Jyoti Blog, saying, "Methods, such as yoga (meditation), worship, and good deeds are necessary to successfully prosecute our quest for God. Their function is twofold: they prepare us–make us capable–for the attainment of self-knowledge, and they are manifestations–evidence, actually–of the genuineness of our aspiration. By engaging in them we live out our intention."
3. Desikachari Nadadur presents Why Understanding Religious Symbology is the Key to Your Spiritual ProgressDesika Nadadur’s Self-Mastery Blog | I am My Own Master, saying, "Have you ever contemplated the deeper meaning of rituals and ritual offerings in your religious and spiritual traditions? Do you understand how the symbols in your external rituals relate to the inner depths of your spirit? If not, it is time for you to do so. This article, though centered around some of the Hindu Symbology, may provide you the needed impetus to delve into deeper meaning of the external rituals you perform in your own religious and spiritual traditions."
4. Allie presents Allie’s Answers » Blog Archive » The Story of the World’s First Yoga Practitioner, As Told By Neil posted at Allie’s Answers, saying, "My friend Neil is contributing Yoga posts to my site as part of his effort to raise 20K for The Cambodian Children’s Fund by December 2008. This is his first post." – Great story about Yoga…
6. Lorraine Cohen presents Powerfull Living » Going With The Flow and Getting Real posted at Powerfull Living, saying, "Pay attention to what is calling to you that might be different from what you think you need to do. When you partner with the Universe, real magic happens"
7. CG Walters presents In Gratitude, You Accept Yourself and Are Doubly Blessed posted at Into the Mist, saying, "Gratitude is an act of internal focus, not external. In order to complete the spiritual process of a blessing experienced, it is not someone outside of myself that I need to offer acknowledgment to, but to my own spirit."
Health and Wellbeing
Metaliphe presents Quieting the Mind posted at Chandra Unplugged – No nonsense, Straight-up blogging from a Life Coach, saying, "The relationship we have with our Self – that ultimately is the relationship we have with our mind. And if we have a quiet mind, we are at peace with the Self."
Covert Hypnotist presents Core Skills You Need For Conversational Hypnosis posted at Conversational & Covert Hypnosis Blog, saying, "The skills most required of you as the hypnotist are to master a signal recognition system, develop a relationship with your subject beyond rapport…"
Joel Chue presents Healing Power of the Mind – Sacred Bone Story posted at Mind Power: Unlock The Subconscious Mind Power Secrets.
Arin Vahanian presents How to Get Rid of Excuses NOW and Start Living the Kind of Life You’ve Always Wanted posted at Super State.
Jeanie Marshall presents Keep it Supremely Simple (KISS) in Significant Relationships posted at JMviews Meditation and Empowerment, saying, "I have long felt that the common advice to "Keep it Simple, Stupid" is a conflicting and demeaning statement. To keep it simple is smart and wise. The stupid reference has not ever appealed to me, whether it relates to keeping it simple or making it complicated. So I have re-constructed the KISS acronym to be "Keep it Supremely Simple.""
ITAKEOFFTHEMASK presents The Law of Attraction and the Key of Transmutation posted at itakeoffthemask.com, saying, "The law of attraction states that objects of similar vibration attract one another (like attracts like). But the problem is this-HOW can you ever CHANGE your vibration in order to attract that which you desire? The answer is in the key of TRANSMUTATION, that ancient process from alchemy that dares to change ordinary metal into gold, that dares to seek the elixir of life to cure all diseases and to restore even the aged back unto eternal youth."
Silveral presents Celebrities as Role Models | Celebrity News, and Gossip posted at Celebrity News, and Gossip.
andrew784 presents 7 Roadblocks to Success posted at Personal Hack, saying, "Each time I meet a person who’s very successful in one area of his (or her) life, I keep noticing a reoccurring pattern. Usually he is successful in several other areas of his life. Similarly, each time I meet a person who’s a failure in one area of his life, generally that failure seems to be a pattern throughout other areas of his life. In this article I discuss the 7 most common roadblocks to success."
Sam Zoranovich presents Unapologetic Genius – Modeling Reality posted at Unapologetic Genius, saying, "Exploring how we construct mental models of reality, and how doing so consciously will lead to personal development and growth."
Charles H. Green presents What’s Your Trust Quotient? posted at Trusted Advisor Associates, saying, "Do others trust you? Should they? Take the trust test, find out, and learn how to become even more trustworthy."
Astrid Lee presents 10 Steps to Gain Inner Peace – Wayne Dyer videos posted at World Healing, saying, "I came across two very interesting videos that I enjoyed listening to. They feature Wayne Dyer’s talk at a conference at Tyson, Arizona, on the 10 Symptoms of Inner Peace, that were handed down to him. This is a genuine food-for-the-soul article. Grow and enjoy!"
Alvaro Fernandez presents Peace Among Primates- by Robert Sapolsky posted at SharpBrains, saying, "Anyone who says peace is not part of human nature knows too little about primates, including ourselves- by neuroscientist Robert M. Sapolsky"
Chris Edgar presents You Are Not Your Memories posted at Purpose Power Coaching, saying, "Many of us have felt the sensation, when we wake up in the morning, of briefly having no memory of who we are. Usually, we react to this feeling by grasping for memories, even if they are painful ones, to help us define ourselves. However, I suggest in this article, simply allowing that memoryless state to be for a little while can help us realize that, in our essence, we are separate from our memories and the labels we put on ourselves based on them."
Astrid Lee presents Compassion ~ video Karen Armstrong posted at World Healing, saying, "“Let’s move from toleration towards appreciation.” said the world-famous author and scholar Karen Armstrong, in her speech last month at TED – an annual symposium of some of the smartest & influential thinkers and leaders of our time. Enjoy this refreshing, interesting, and at times even funny video."
Shaheen Lakhan presents How Yoga Improves Balance in the Elderly posted at GNIF Brain Blogger, saying, "Yoga helps with both balance and stability, and effectively reduces the chance of major falls in the elderly."
That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of meditation, yoga and spiritual growth carnival using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.