Welcome to the December 14, 2007 edition of the Meditation, Yoga and Spiritual Growth Carnival. This is our eleventh Meditation, Yoga and Spiritual Growth Carnival and thanks to everyone who participated.
I see many of the terrific authors becoming regular contributors to this carnival, and thank you for your excellent material. Also, I see the carnival reaching more new blogs in the Spiritual Blogging arena and I would like to welcome them on board.
Although there are many terrific articles below, I have selected a few worth highlighting. You will find those in the Featured section.
I ask the authors to please link back to this carnival from your Blog, as well as submit the carnival to your favorite social bookmarking sites (Stumble Upon is preferred). This will help others gain value from it, as well as give the collection more exposure. Authors that submitted multiple articles, I selected the one I thought would be best to include.
6 Featured Articles:
(My comments are in italics)
1. The flagship article for Desika Nadadur’s Self-Mastery Blog. Once in a while there comes an article which can change your view of Reality and elevate your consciousness to a new level. This article is of that caliber.
Desikachari Nadadur presents Self-Mastery and Enlightenment Demystified posted at Desika Nadadur’s Self-Mastery Blog | I am My Own Master, saying, “The title says it all — Self-Mastery and Enlightenment Demystified.”
2. Albert delves into one of my most cherished experiences and concepts – Aloneness, which is not Loneliness. I have written about how to bring about this state briefly in the following article, Silent Mind Meditation Program – Confidence – Chapter 5 under “Right Understanding”, but do read Albert’s excellent full analysis as well…
Albert Foong presents Love and Aloneness – Unravelling the ego and pride posted at Urban Monk.
3. Steve’s brilliantly written article on his personal journey to becoming a Vegan is simply eye opening. Although, he indicated he is not in the business of trying to convert you, if you read this article, making a change to vegetarianism/veganism, is most certainly going to cross your mind.
4. Tarakananda presents the Yama Niyamas (Dos and Don’ts) of Yoga. Although, I am not a big fan of these observances, and have given my view in the article 5 Key Principles of Living an Enlightened Life, Tarrakananda’s excellent article does shine new light of these 10 traditional commandments and correctly indicates what their real role is.
5. What a great new Blog to have discovered. Thank you Jonathan!
6. A picture says a thousand words.
Health and Wellbeing
Alvaro Fernandez presents Robert Emmons on the Positive Psychology of Gratitude posted at SharpBrains, saying, “can we enhance our happiness and health by nurturing gratitude?”
Roger Haeske presents Why Bruce Lee Had To Have Super? posted at Raw Food Diet, Bodyweight Fitness and Peak Performance Living.
Todd Goldfarb presents The Greatest Self Improvement Tool You Know Nothing About posted at We The Change, saying, “here is a great article on brainwave technology– a modern technique of taking an ancient (and holistic) philosophy of healing that we can ALL integrate into our lives….enjoy!”
Matthew Spears presents Interconnectedness of being posted at Loving Awareness, saying, “Whether within one’s Self, in relationship, or in society, there is a great interdependency. The pain cannot be without the joy and compassion. A pauper cannot exist without the ultra rich. There would be no destruction of the rain forest without all the world participating in its consumer patterns. This is not simply the link of cause and effect; it is a deeper connection on the level of being. You are the environment of the world, you are the disparity of wealth, and you are both the joys and pains that exist in you and without you. Invite this in; it is the gateway to living a live filled with peace.”
Ralph Jean-Paul presents 7 Reasons Why You Haven’t Reached Your Goals Yet posted at Potential 2 Success, saying, “Check this list of reasons why your goals have not been met then go out and accomplish those goals.”
Charles H. Green presents The Single Fastest Thing You Can Do to Increase Trust posted at Trust Matters, saying, “Get back to people. Fast. Seriously.”
Tina Su presents Life on Purpose: 15 Questions to Discover Your Personal Mission posted at Think Simple. Be Decisive..
Richard Ingersoll presents Integrating the Law of Attraction into Your Busy Schedule posted at Applying the Law of Attraction, saying, “Are you too busy to sit down and visualize for very long? Do you find that you can’t seem to get the focus necessary to really put in a good Law of Attraction practice session? You may be surprised to know that you can easily integrate your practices into your hectic schedule. Allow me to explain.”
Warren Wong presents Why Your Thoughts Create Reality – Thought, Energy, and Matter posted at Personal Development for INTJs, saying, “Do you believe that your thoughts create reality? Here’s why thought, energy, and matter might not be as separate as you think.”
SJ Yee presents How to live each day and get from where you are to where you want to go posted at Personal Development for the Book Smart.
Jeanie Marshall presents I Wake Up Smiling posted at JMviews Meditation and Empowerment, saying, ““I wake up smiling” could be a song title, a metaphor for life’s enlightening moments, or the response to transition from morning’s sleep to the day’s activities.”
Amanda presents Greedlessness, Aparigraha, as I prepare for Thanksgiving… posted at She Has Moxie, saying, “I’ve been thinking a lot about the various yamas & niyamas. Aparigraha was particularly on my mind this month!”
Cathy presents The Cosmic Wheel of Kindness…Pass It On! posted at Joy Thru Generosity, saying, “This idea to pass on a “token of kindness” began as a unique way for people to reach out and connect with others. In recognition of random acts of kindness, a “token” is passed on to someone as they perform a kind act. This sets the “cosmic wheel of kindness” into motion, as tokens are passed on endlessly! Whenever someone performs an act of kindness hand them a token.”
Drs. Bil & Cher Holton presents Unity Spiritual Life Center Blog » Blog Archive » Bitter to Better posted at Unity Spiritual Life Center Blog, saying, “Forgiveness, it seems, is a universal human need. At its core it is the need to be pardoned, to be released from the emotional strain of having wronged someone or having been wronged by someone. At its essence it means going from bitter to better.”
John Wolfe presents Forgiving Our Past: Key to Unlocking Joyful Present posted at Season of Shadows Blog, saying, “One of the concepts I initially found challenging about living more in tune with the creative abilities of my emotions was the idea of letting go of past anger, regrets, and disappointment. However, it’s essential we do this if we wish to continue seeing an emotional evolution within ourselves.”
Tupelo Kenyon presents Ego or Soul? Who’s Driving? posted at Tupelo Kenyon, saying, “Even though I identify my sense of self with soul, there seems to be another “something” inside forever jockeying for position and making its presence known. This is the ego. What’s the difference? How can you know which one is in charge? What are their characteristics? Since I prefer peace to mayhem and contentment to perpetual, blind striving, my goal is to keep soul in the driver’s seat as often as possible. Instead of an either/or situation, I like the idea of soul and ego peacefully coexisting in a manner that best serves the greater good. (Enjoy soothing instrumental music as you read plus songs with lyrics related to each article – all free.)”
Chris presents Qi Dao – Tibetan Shamanic Qigong: Book Review posted at Martial Development, saying, “”Qi Dao – The Art of Being in the Flow” is a new book synthesizing the practices of yoga, qigong and martial arts. Read a review here.”
Ben presents Healing Your Relationship with Money at The Beautiful Ego posted at The Beautiful Ego, saying, “This article is designed to help those heal their relationship with money.”
That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of meditation, yoga and spiritual growth Carnival using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.
Article Series - Meditation, Yoga and Spiritual Growth Carnival
- Meditation, Yoga & Spiritual Growth Carnival - April 15, 2007 - Edition 1
- Meditation, Yoga & Spiritual Growth Carnival - May 1, 2007 - Edition #2
- Meditation, Yoga and Spiritual Growth Carnival - June 6, 2007 Edition
- Meditation, Yoga & Spiritual Growth Carnival - July 1, 2007
- Meditation, Yoga & Spiritual Growth Carnival - Edition #6
- Meditation, Yoga & Spiritual Growth Carnival - Edition #7
- Meditation, Yoga & Spiritual Growth Carnival - Edition #8
- Meditation, Yoga & Spiritual Growth Carnival- Edition #9
- Meditation, Yoga & Spiritual Growth Carnival- Edition #10
- Meditation, Yoga & Spiritual Growth Carnival- Edition #11
- Meditation, Yoga & Spiritual Growth Carnival- Edition #13
- Meditation, Yoga & Spiritual Growth Carnival- Edition #12
- Meditation, Yoga & Spiritual Growth Carnival- Edition #14
- Meditation, Yoga & Spiritual Growth Carnival- Edition #15
- Meditation, Yoga & Spiritual Growth Carnival- Edition #16
- Yoga, Meditation and Self Improvement Ezine and Articles - Edition #35