Summary: Kundalini Yoga Camel Pose is a Yoga exercise with so many recognized health benefits, that it’s been incorporated into almost all different types of Yoga today. Learn it, master it and benefit from it.
Kundalini Yoga Camel Pose for Health & Wellbeing
Illustrated Kundalini Yoga Pose #4
Welcome to the fourth entry in the Free Online Kundalini Yoga Poses & Exercises E-Book. The first few poses were excellent, but not very difficult to do. Kundalini Yoga Camel pose is a bit more challenging.
This pose is one though that is worth having in your repertoire, as it is responsible for a long list of wonderful health benefits and, if done regularly, will certainly elevate the level of your overall wellbeing.
Many Kundalini Yoga kriyas incorporate Camel Pose and in the near future I will uploading some onto Mastery of Meditation that do. Camel Pose is also part of Hatha Yoga and is a key asana (posture), in that type of Yoga as well. In fact this asana is widely recognized for it’s benefits and has been embraced by almost all types of Yoga.
Below, you will find two illustration of Kundalini Yoga Camel pose. The first is a modified version that should be practiced by beginners, following that is the full version of Camel Pose, which you should try only when ready. As usual, the practice details, cautions and instructions for how to employ this terrific posture, to help boost your health and wellbeing, is also provided.
Picture of Modified Kundalini Yoga Camel Pose
Picture of Kundalini Yoga Camel Pose
Kundalini Yoga Camel Pose Practice Details:
a. Step-by-Step Instructions for Kundalini Yoga Camel Pose:
- To start this yoga pose, come up onto your knees and have your feet hip distance apart, with toes extended.
- For modified Camel pose have your hands, fingers pointing downward supporting your lower back and arch back as far as comfortable (Illustration #1 above)
- Now tilt your head back and such that you are facing the ceiling.
- You should be pressing forward with your hips and also expanding your chest region, by pressing your elbows back.
- In the full version of Camel Pose, drop your hands back and hold on to your heels. Again you should arch your back, press your hips out and expand your chest.
- Begin Breath of Fire Yoga Pranayama, in either pose.
b. Duration for Kundalini Yoga Camel Pose:
- 30 seconds – 7 minutes
c. Benefits of Kundalini Yoga Camel Pose:
- Excellent yoga posture for overall health and wellbeing.
- The pose expands the abdominal region, helping digestion and elimination. It helps to heal and balances the Navel Chakra.
- Opens and heals the Heart Chakra by expanding and stretching the chest region. Excellent for the respiratory and circulatory systems. Bestows softness of character.
- Releases tension in the ovaries and helps the immune system by working on the lymphatic system.
- The posture, activates and balances the Throat Chakra, and works to heal and rejuvenate the thyroid and parathyroid glands.
- The exercise opens up the hips and builds strength in the thighs and arms.
- Stretches and strengthens the shoulders.
d. Practice Tips for Kundalini Yoga Camel Pose:
- Start with the modified version of Camel Pose and work your way to doing the full version over time.
- If the Breath of Fire makes you dizzy or uncomfortable, just switch to normal breathing instead.
Online Kundalini Yoga Kriyas Using Camel Pose:
- Heart Chakra Opening & Balancing Yoga Set: Kundalini Yoga Set to open and heal the Heart Chakra, thus promoting love, compassion and forgiveness.
Article Series - Free Online Illustrated Kundalini Yoga Poses & Exercises
- Free Online Illustrated Kundalini Yoga Poses & Exercises E-Book
- Illustrated Kundalini Yoga Stretch Pose for Core Abdominal Power
- Illustrated Kundalini Yoga Eagle Pose for Powerful Aura
- Illustrated Yoga Archer Pose for Building Confidence and Self-Esteem
- Illustrated Kundalini Yoga Camel Pose for Optimal Health and Wellbeing
- Kundalini Yoga Chair Pose for Sexual Health
- Root Chakra Cleansing via Kundalini Yoga Crow Pose
- Terrific Yoga Cobra Pose for Healthy Back & More
- Kundalini Yoga Frog Pose for Eternally Toned Legs
- Best Yoga Asana for Meditation
- Beginner's Kundalini Yoga Exercise for Emotional Health
- Kundalini Yoga Exercise for Overcoming Deep Seated Fears
- Kundalini Yoga Jesus Pose for Inner Strength & Sacrifice
- Basic Yoga Poses for Balance
- Powerful Yoga to Cleanse & Detox Your Body
- Yoga Plank Pose for Arms & Upper Body Strength
- Excellent Kundalini Yoga Exercise to Improve Flexibility, Reproduction & Digestion
- Best Relaxation Technique & Stress Relief Exercise
- Tantra Yoga Practice | Tantric Yoga Technique for Sexual Mastery
- Simple Yoga for Upper Body Training
- Tough Power Yoga Pose - Not for Beginners
- Best Yoga Exercise to Get Firm Toned Abs
- Yoga Exercise to Tone Thighs and Buttocks
- Lower Back Exercise - Yoga Spinal Twists
- Yogic Technique to Power and Cleanse Your Aura
- Advanced Tantric Yoga Exercise Video | Triple Lock
- White Tantra Yoga Position for Sexual Potency
- Excellent Kundalini Yoga Shoulder Exercise
- Anger Management Quick Fix Yoga Technique
- Dynamic Yoga Situps for a Fast Ab Workout
- More Free Yoga Postures | Yoga Bridge Pose for Strengthening Back
- Pure Yoga Technique to Train Abs
- Powerful Yoga Ab Crunches to Get Toned Six Pack Abs
- Terrific Post Natal Yoga Exercise for Weight Loss and Toning
- Excellent Thigh Workout from Yoga
- More Easy Yoga Exercises - Simple Yoga Twists