Meditation for Beginners
Learn How to Meditate
Free Online Beginner Meditation Class – Course #100
Interested in Meditation? Want to learn how to meditate? Don’t know where to begin? Then this class is for you…
Lately I have been getting many requests from those who are new to meditation, on how to learn this wonderful spiritual science and how to establish a personal, daily meditation practice. Perhaps this is because the widespread benefits of meditation are now well recognized by the establishment, or perhaps it is because humanity is in the midst of rising to a new level of Conscious Living. In either case, this Beginner Meditation Class will provide those new to meditation all the guidance they need in order to learn this great art.
This class is part of the Free Online Yoga & Meditation Classes that are offered here on Mastery of Meditation. To learn how these Yoga & Meditation classes are structured, you can watch the video on the Free Online Yoga & Meditation Classes page or read the Free Online Yoga & Meditation Classes FAQ.
In brief, this page has links (which are in green) to all the instructional meditation videos and how to meditate articles you will need to complete this course and learn meditation. You may start the class anytime you wish and to register, just leave a comment in the comments section below. You do not require anything more from me in order to join and participate in the class. If you are inspired, just start.
Learn How to Meditate | Beginner Meditation Class Overview:
This Beginner Meditation Class is, as title implies, designed to help you learn how to mediate. The absolute key to learning meditation is doing it and that is the core focus of this class. Although the course does incorporate several important instructional articles to help you deepen your understanding of meditation, the key focus of the course is to guide you step by step on how to actually meditate.
In addition to the instructional articles mentioned above, this Learn How to Meditate Class also uses free meditation instructional videos, from the Free Online Guided Meditation Videos, and free yoga breathing exercise videos, from the Free Online Yoga Breathing Exercises Videos. The links to the specific videos used by this class are in the syllabus below.
This class will teach 2 very powerful meditation techniques, both of which have shown to be of immense value and benefit to the practitioners. The first, Breath Meditation (or Zazen), is the heart of Zen Buddhism and many Eastern meditation systems and the other, Mantra Meditation, is the core of Hindu as well as some other meditation systems.
This course is designed for 2 weeks, but, of course, the objective is to to help you establish a lifelong meditation practice. In this post I will provide the program objectives, details, syllabus and participation guidelines. Please read through everything carefully so you will be able to get maximum benefit from the program.
If you have any questions regarding the Learn How to Meditate | Beginner Meditation Class, please feel free to email me at email@example.com.
Learn How to Meditate | Beginner Meditation Class Objectives:
- Learn how to meditate.
- Reduce stress while creating inner peace and tranquility.
- Help the body heal and cure itself.
- Develop clarity of thought and improved brain function.
- Discover spontaneous joy and inner happiness.
- Develop intuition and unleash your gifts and talents.
- Align yourself with your Higher Self, find your true purpose and uncover your True Nature.
- Develop the Witnessing Consciousness and Moment to Moment Awareness.
Learn How to Meditate | Beginner Meditation Class Details:
Each day’s session consists of 2 sections: Simple Yoga Breathing exercises (pranayama) and Meditation Practice. The total time for this class is approximately 20 minutes / day.
- Beginner’s Guide to Yoga Breathing Exercises (Pranayama)
- Essential Meditation Tips & Tools for Daily Practice
- Top 5 Mistakes in Establishing a Daily Meditation Practice
- How to Meditate By Yourself (Zazen Practice)
- Legal Disclaimer
Course Materials (Free Meditation Videos, Free Yoga Breathing Videos, etc.):
- Chakra Balancing Breathing Exercise (Anuloma Viloma Pranayama)
- Zen Meditation Technique (Zazen)
- So Hum Mantra Meditation Technique
Learn How to Meditate | Beginner Meditation Class Syllabus:
The following describes the 2 sections comprising the 20 minute daily breathing and meditation session for this class.
Each breathing exercise and meditation technique below is a link to the article with all the details you need.
Each day do the following…
Section 1: Yoga Breathing Exercises Section:
Total time 1-5 Minutes.
- Chakra Balancing Breathing Exercise (Anuloma Viloma Pranayama): Anuloma Viloma pranayama (or Alternate Nostril Breathing) is excellent for preparing your mind for meditation. It will calm the thought waves, relax your entire system and make it easier for your to meditate. Start with 1-2 minutes and work up to 5 minutes. The link above includes a free video on how to practice and master this important breathing exercise.
Section 2: Meditation Section:
Total time 5-15 minutes. Learn and practice Zazen (Zen Meditation Technique) for week 1 and learn and practice So Hum Mantra Meditation for week 2. Going forward choose the one you like more and allow it to take you deeper.
- Zen Meditation Technique (Zazen): Zazen, or breath meditation technique is perhaps the most popular of all meditation techniques. It is an excellent method with which to learn meditation. The title link is to the article which includes a step-by-step guided meditation video on how to practice Zazen. This meditation is suitable for both beginners and advanced practitioners alike. Start with 5 minutes and build up to 15 minutes. Do this for week 1.
- So Hum Mantra Meditation Technique: One of the best mantra meditation techniques. Has a profound affect on many different layers of your being. Simple to learn and practice, yet bestows a wide range of key benefits. Start with 5 minutes and build up to 15 minutes. Do this for week 2.
Learn How to Meditate | Beginner Meditation Class Guidelines:
Following are the guidelines which I suggest to follow…
- Please post all comments, questions and feedback in the comments section of this post. This way all will benefit from the discussion. Feel free to ask questions or discuss issues, as that is one of the main reasons for this particular class format. Of course, you are free to email me as well if you would like the discussion to not be public.
- I wish you all a wonderful learning and transforming experience. Learning Meditation is without a doubt the single greatest factor in helping you discover your True Self and live your life at your Highest Potential.
Article Series - Online Guided Meditation and Kundalini Yoga Class
- FAQ for Free Online Guided Meditation & Kundalini Yoga Classes
- Free Online Guided Meditation & Kundalini Yoga Class
- Introduction To Guided Meditation & Kundalini Yoga Class Syllabus - Course #101
- Expanded Free Online Guided Meditation & Kundalini Yoga Classes
- Heart Chakra Meditation, Balancing & Healing Online Class Syllabus: Course #102
- 3rd Eye (Ajna Chakra) Opening & Balancing Free Online Class Syllabus: Course #103
- Healthy Weight Loss Via Yoga, Breathing & Meditation Program- Online Course #104
- Requesting Feedback to Help Improve Online Kundalini Yoga & Meditation Classes
- Ultimate Health & Wellness Yoga Meditation Program (Course #105)
- Learn How to Meditate | Beginner's Meditation Class
- Free Online Beginner's Yoga Class
- Powerful Seven Chakra Balancing & Healing Free Online Program
- Free Online Tantra Yoga Sex Chakra Program
- Free Yoga at Home Natural Weight Loss Program
- Famous Yoga Workout for a Great Yoga Body - Free Online Course #108
- Free Online Advanced Meditation Class
- De Stress Now | Free Online Stress Management Program