Yoga for Eyes
A few readers now have requested yoga exercises that would be helpful to them for general care of their vision and eye problems, and yoga certainly has some nice recommendations for that. The set below is a simple, yet effective set, to help you gently improve your vision or maintain the good health of your eyes.
This set will be Chapter 8 of the Free Online Kundalini Yoga Sets E-book, where each chapter is a unique set to help you with a particular dimension of your being. The free e-book includes sets such as the Fountain of Youth Yoga Set, the Healthy Weight Loss Yoga Exercises and the Beginners Kundalini Yoga Series.
Background of Yoga Exercises for Eye Care:
The yoga set below could well have been part of the Clever Yoga Tips for Busy People Series, as it is quick to do and can be easily done anytime you have a few free minutes to spare. If you have more time you can repeat this set more than once if you like.
Benefits of Yoga Exercises for Eye Care:
- Helps improve vision.
- Helps improve focus.
- Helps strengthen the eye muscles.
- Helps coordination between both eyes.
- Helps relax the eyes by relieving tension and stress in the eyes muscles.
Yoga Exercises for Eye Care Set:
- Begin by taking 5 deep breaths and relaxing the muscles in your face and around your eyes.
- Next practice Palming: Palming is done by vigorously rubbing your hand together until your palms get warm and then gently covering your eyes with your palms, allowing the warmth to relax and nourish your eyes. This can be done anytime in between the following exercises, whenever you feel you need to give your eyes a break.
- Blink several times quickly. Relax for a few moments.
- For all the movements below, look without moving your head and count 1 round when you have looked in both the indicated directions.
- Side to Side Movement: Look side to side, left to right, without moving your head 5 times.
- Up and Down Movement: Look up and down 5 times.
- Diagonal Movement: Look from bottom left to upper right 5 times.
- Diagonal Movement: Look from bottom right to upper left 5 times.
- Circular Movement: Move your eyes clockwise is a big circle 5 times.
- Circular Movement: Move your eyes counter-clockwise is a big circle 5 times.
- Nose Tip Focus: Hold your right arm out with your thumb up. Now focus on your thumb tip as you bring it slowly towards your nose. Upon touching your nose continue to gaze upon your thumb tip for a few moments, and then straighten your arm again, while continuing to focus on your thumb tip. Repeat 5 times.
- Close your eyes, relax and perform palming.
Along with the excellent exercises above to help improve your vision and keep your eyes healthy, there are also many good herbs for eye care, along with Ayurvedic treatments and recommendations. Be on the lookout for an article on that soon…
Article Series - Free Online Book of Kundalini Yoga Poses, Exercises & Kriyas
- Free Online Kundalini Yoga Kriyas E-Book
- Spinal Warmup Yoga Exercises - Free Book of Kundalini Yoga Poses & Kriyas - Ch 1
- Yoga Positions for Beginners for Daily Morning Practice - Kundalini Yoga Morning Wakeup Series
- Core Abdominal Power Yoga Exercises - Free Book of Kundalini Yoga Poses & Kriyas - Ch 3
- Heart Chakra Balancing Set: Free Book of Kundalini Yoga Poses & Kriyas
- Kundalini Awakening Raja Yoga Set: Free Book of Kundalini Yoga Poses & Kriyas
- Online Yoga Exercises for Healthy Weight Loss - Book of Kundalini Yoga Poses and Kriyas
- Fountain of Youth Yoga Set
- Yoga Exercises for Eye Problems and Eye Care
- Ultimate Tantra Yoga Technique to Raise Sexual Energy - Sat Kriya
- Terrific Yoga Ab Exercises & Workout for Toned Stomach
- Yoga Positions for Beginners | Basic Yoga Poses
- Effective Seven Chakra Healing Kundalini Yoga Set
- Yoga Exercises for Men's Sexual Health
- Yoga for Full Body Fitness
- Anger Management with Yoga Therapy
- Basic Yoga Poses for Weight Loss - Part 2
- Best Yoga for Weight Loss - Complete with Illustrated Yoga Poses and Exercises
- Simple Senior Yoga Exercises - 91 Year Old Yoga Teacher Video
- Best Morning Yoga Stretching Poses - Surya Namaskar