Kundalini Yoga Mantra Meditation
Kundalini Yoga’s Best Mantra Meditation Video – Kirtan Kriya
DIRECT YOUTUBE LINK –> BEST KUNALINI YOGA MEDITATION TECHNIQUE
On the website, you find many powerful Kundalini Yoga Meditations, which combine the use of mantras, mudras and pranayama (breathing), to bestow profound material and spiritual benefits to those who practice them sincerely over time. Some of the most popular of these meditations are Sodarshan Chakra Meditation, Infinite Energy and Prosperity Meditation Technique and Tantric Sat Kriya for Transmuting Sexual Energy. None of these though, are actually considered the greatest Kundalini Yoga Meditation. This honor belongs to the mantra meditation I am going to detail for you today and it is called Kirtan Kriya.
One of the primary reason’s Kirtan Kriya is considered the highest of all the Kundalini Yoga meditations, is because it uses the most important mantra from this yogic science, the Sa Ta Na Ma mantra. Sa Ta Na Ma is considered the most fundamental mantra in Kundalini Yoga. You will notice that the very greeting in Kundalini Yoga "Sat Nam" contains the Sa Ta Na Ma components. Sat Nam is a seed mantra and it means True Identity or the True Divine You, while Sa Ta Na Ma is understood as Existence, Life, Death and Rebirth. Kirtan Kriya uses this all important mantra as the centerpiece of the meditation.
Kirtan Mantra Meditation will be the 16th entry in our ongoing and popular Free Online Guided Meditation Techniques E-book. As it is also considered a Kundalini Yoga Kriya, I will include it in the Free Illustrated Kundalini Yoga Kriyas E-Book as well. In addition, I will soon be launching the Free Kundalini Yoga Meditations E-book, to help group those meditations specifically, and of course Kirtan Kriya will be a part of that book as well.
Kirtan Kriya, like many of the other Kundalini Yoga Meditations, exploits the power of mantras, hand positions (mudras), mind power, naad yoga (yoga of sound) to work it’s magic and in the design section below, you will find details regarding these aspects of the meditation. As with all kundalini yoga technique and meditations, it is important to go slowly and follow the guidelines I have laid out in the following articles: Beginner’s Guide to Yoga Practice and Guidelines for Kundalini Yoga Practice.
Benefits of Kirtan Kriya – Sa Ta Na Ma Mantra Meditation:
- Increases intuitive abilities and psychic powers.
- Clears the system of negative emotions, traumas and impressions.
- Heals, balances and uplifts the emotional body.
- Builds concentration and mental focus.
- Bestows peace and tranquility.
- Gives one awareness of one’s Divine Infinite Nature.
Design of Kirtan Mantra Meditation:
- As explained above, uses the fundamental Sa Ta Na Ma Mantra to help one realize their True Divine Nature. As indicated, this is considered one of the most important mantras for Kundalini Yoga Meditations.
- Uses the power of visualization to activate the higher chakras and associated endocrine glands. Specifically this mantra meditation is going to activate the Crown Chakra and the Ajna Chakra (Third Eye), thus it will stimulate the pineal and pituitary glands specifically. These are the most important glands of the endocrine system and the highest chakras of the kundalini yoga chakra system. For more information about the chakra model you can read the article, Kundalini Yoga Seven Chakra System.
- Uses the science of Mudras or hand/body positions to create and complete certain circuits in the body. The following hand positions are used, which bestow the benefits as I have indicated below.
Index Finger + Thumb –> Wisdom
Middle Finger + Thumb –> Focus
Ring Finger + Thumb –> Energy
Little Finger + Thumb –> Connection
In addition, Shambhavi Mudra is used, where the eyes are turned up to look through the center of the forehead, which stimulates and activates the Ajna Chakra (Third Eye).
How to Do Kirtan Kriya – Sa Ta Na Ma Mantra Meditation:
- Sit in any cross legged posture. You can also do this meditation sitting on a chair.
- Elongate your spine and tuck your chin in slightly (like a soldier at attention). Rest your wrists gently on your knees, with your palms facing slightly upwards.
- Close your eyes, but turn them upwards such that you looking through the center of the forehead. This is shambhavi mudra, and only hold it for as long as is comfortable. Release it whenever necessary and continue with the meditation, reapplying it once ready.
- While chanting the mantra as described below, follow the following pattern.
Press the index finger + thumb for SA
Press the middle finger + thumb for TA
Press the ring finger + thumb for NA
Press the little finger + thumb for MA
- Begin to Chant the Mantra now. Slowly chanting the sounds Sa Ta Na Ma repeatedly. Do the following visualization as you chant. Visualize the sound S, T, N, M entering through the top of the head through the crown chakra, while visualizing the sound "A" leaving through the center of the forehead through the ajna chakra. Keep visualizing this flow of the mantra and keep making the finger movements as you chant the mantra in the following way.
- Chant aloud for 5 minutes.
- Chant in a whisper for 5 minutes.
- Chant mentally for 10 minutes.
- Chant in a whisper for 5 minutes.
- Chant aloud for 5 minutes.
- To end, sit completely silently and still for 1 minute and allow infinite to descend upon you. The total time for the meditation is therefore 31 minutes.
Summary of Sa Ta Na Ma Mantra Meditation:
Although at first glance this mantra meditation might look complicated, it really is not. You are simply chanting the sounds SA TA NA MA, visualizing them flowing through your crown and ajna chakras, and applying the appropriate mudra for each sound. As far as Kundalini Yoga Meditation are concerned or for that matter any mantra meditation are concerned, Kirtan Kriya is one of the most profound and effective meditations you can do, so commit to it seriously and find out for yourself all the wonderful benefits of this timeless technique.
Article Series - Online Book of Guided Meditation Techniques
- Free Online Guided Meditation Techniques E-Book
- Zen Meditation Technique - Practice & Hidded Secret - Free Guided Meditation
- Sound Awareness Meditation Technique - Free Guided Meditation Book for Daily Practice - Ch 2
- Opening Third Eye (Ajna) Chakra Meditation Technique for Psychic Powers
- So Hum Mantra Meditation Technique: Free Guided Meditation Book for Daily Practice
- Prosperity & Infinite Energy Meditation Technique - Free Guided Meditation Book for Daily Practice - Ch 5
- Weight Loss Visualization Meditation w/ 3SRB Breathing Technique- Guided Meditation Book- Ch 6
- Relaxation Meditation Technique for Immediate Stress Reduction
- Meditation for Improving Concentration
- Kundalini Yoga Meditation for Healing & Psychic Powers
- Powerful Chakra Meditation to Open Third Eye
- Rare Crown Chakra Meditation Technique
- Meditation Techniques - The Ultimate Guide
- Smiling Buddha Meditation for Happiness & Confidence
- Powerful Meditation for Making Money & Success
- Kundalini Yoga's Highest Mantra Meditation
- Beautiful Light Meditation for Developing Intuition, Joy and Creativity
- How to Do Advanced Jyana Yoga Meditation Videos | Silent Mind Meditation
- Meditation Technique Guranteed to Cure Insomnia
- A Beginner's Guide To Walking Meditation
- Potent Serpent Meditation for Awakening Kundalini Shakti
- How To Master Walking Meditation
- The Best Jnana Yoga Mantra Meditation
- Mindfulness Meditation for Beginners - Part 1
- 50 Excellent Mindfulness Meditation Tips and Techniques - Part 2
- Powerful Gayatri Mantra Meditation Video to Open Third Eye