Awakening Kundalini Shakti
I had shared this wonderful meditation to raise Kundalini Shakti earlier this year in my monthly meditation newsletter and as it has been appreciated by many practitioners, I would like to share it with the rest of you on the blog today as well.
If you are familiar with Kundalini, you will no doubt be familiar with the use of the serpent to describe this energy and power. Kundalini is often equated to a coiled serpent lying asleep at the base of spine, which, then with the practice of Kundalini Yoga, is awakened and made to rise up to the crown of the head.
In addition to this analogy, increased encounters with serpents are also often reported by those in the midst of a Kundalini Awakening. These encounters don’t necessarily have to be with the real live snakes. These reports generally indicate that there is just a greater presence of snakes in their lives all of sudden, in the form of pictures, dreams, conversations, TV shows, books, etc.
There are also the more incredible stories regarding snakes, especially cobras, and those with awakened Kundalini. An example of this is the cobra that would often visit U.G. Krishnamurti at night at his house. This cobra would hiss and bang at the door and in general make a lot of ruckus and not stop until he was taken for a night walk by UG himself.
So it should not be surprising that there are many Kundalini Yoga Meditations that focus on using the serpent to help awaken Kundalini. Below I would like to detail one such potent meditation, for which I have to thank Swami Satyananda Saraswati for sharing it with the world. Here are the details for the source of this meditation.
Book: Kundalini Tantra
Author: Swami Satyananda Saraswati
Serpent Meditation To Awaken Kundalini
1. Sit comfortably with your legs crossed. If you cannot sit with your legs crossed, then you may sit on a chair.
2. Have your spine straight, relax your stomach and then close your eyes.
3. Bring your attention to your breath and allow it naturally slow down. This may take a few minutes to happen.
4. Now bring your awareness to the base of your spine and visualize yourself breathing from there. As you inhale and exhale, visualize the breath coming into and leaving this area. Continue for a few minutes to establish your awareness there.
5. Once you feel concentrated enough, visualize a small black cylinder (lingam with the top cut off) at the base of spine. And visualize a small baby red snake (not a cobra) coiled around this lingam looking up with the mouth open.
6. Once this picture is clear, visualize the serpent struggling to rise up the spine and straining in it’s effort to do so. As it struggles to rise, it makes an intense hissing sound.
7. When the serpent rises, visualize its mouth to be as wide as your body and as it rises, it’s body stretches up, but tail remains at the base of the spine coiled around the lingam.
8. This serpent’s body will often rise and then fall back during the meditation, but the lingam coiled by the tail will stay fixed. Continue the meditation in this way.
9. Success with this meditation is indicated by the eruption or great feeling of bliss, with the rising of the serpent. It can also happen that the lingam and serpent will move to various chakras along the spine, and if that was to happen continue the visualization using this new location as the base.
Kundalini Serpent Meditation Summary
The meditation above incorporates many important aspects of Kundalini Tantra and Kriya Yoga and it’s practice can help in developing many of the important skills needed to practice such meditations. The meditation helps you develop the power of concentration, the power of visualization, chakra awareness, channel (nadi) awareness and refines your awareness.
In addition, it helps you develop the ability to bring your breath and prana into various parts of the body, allowing you to cleanses your chakra and nadi system. And finally, it gives you a taste of the power of Kundalini Shakti.
Article Series - Online Book of Guided Meditation Techniques
- Free Online Guided Meditation Techniques E-Book
- Zen Meditation Technique - Practice & Hidded Secret - Free Guided Meditation
- Sound Awareness Meditation Technique - Free Guided Meditation Book for Daily Practice - Ch 2
- Opening Third Eye (Ajna) Chakra Meditation Technique for Psychic Powers
- So Hum Mantra Meditation Technique: Free Guided Meditation Book for Daily Practice
- Prosperity & Infinite Energy Meditation Technique - Free Guided Meditation Book for Daily Practice - Ch 5
- Weight Loss Visualization Meditation w/ 3SRB Breathing Technique- Guided Meditation Book- Ch 6
- Relaxation Meditation Technique for Immediate Stress Reduction
- Meditation for Improving Concentration
- Kundalini Yoga Meditation for Healing & Psychic Powers
- Powerful Chakra Meditation to Open Third Eye
- Rare Crown Chakra Meditation Technique
- Meditation Techniques - The Ultimate Guide
- Smiling Buddha Meditation for Happiness & Confidence
- Powerful Meditation for Making Money & Success
- Kundalini Yoga's Highest Mantra Meditation
- Beautiful Light Meditation for Developing Intuition, Joy and Creativity
- How to Do Advanced Jyana Yoga Meditation Videos | Silent Mind Meditation
- Meditation Technique Guranteed to Cure Insomnia
- A Beginner's Guide To Walking Meditation
- Potent Serpent Meditation for Awakening Kundalini Shakti
- How To Master Walking Meditation
- The Best Jnana Yoga Mantra Meditation
- Mindfulness Meditation for Beginners - Part 1
- 50 Excellent Mindfulness Meditation Tips and Techniques - Part 2
- Powerful Gayatri Mantra Meditation Video to Open Third Eye