There is nothing more important than our journey to awakening and enlightenment. Nothing. But despite knowing this, feeling this, sensing this many of us still fail to give our full attention and energy to this ultimate purpose of human life. There are many reasons for this tragedy, not the least of which is the immense strength and depth of our dualistic conditioning, which keeps us incessantly absorbed in worldly pursuits. Breaking out of this conditioning is no simple matter, but it can be done with the right guidance, passion and inspiration, and today I am hoping to give you a good dose of inspiration to help you stay focused on this path to enlightenment.
This dose of daily inspiration comes from the enlightened Advaita Vedanta (non-duality) master Jean Klein, whose explanations are clear, direct, transformative and highly inspiring.
Daily Spiritual Inspiration from Jean Klein – The Ease of Being – Pages ix – x:
The urge to freedom must be tremendous. But it cannot be learned or acquired. It comes through self-inquiry. In self-inquiry there appears a fore-feeling, an intimation of reality, and it is this fore-feeling which brings up a tremendous ardour. It can make your sleepless!
When you inquire, you may first feel a lack. You may not know what kind of lack it is and you will go in many directions in the hope of fulfilling it. As each direction is attained there may be a moment when there’s no longer a lack and the desire it brings. For a moment you are in peace. But because you are not aware of this desirelessness, you fixate on the object, the so-called cause of your satisfaction, and of course eventually it loses its charm and once again you are hungry. You will travel down many of these dead-ends, like a hunting dog who cannot find the scent and runs around frantically. But these cul-de-sacs of experience bring you to a kind of maturity, because inevitably you will question more deeply all the happenings and their transience. It’s a process of elimination. You must inquire, inquire like a scientist, into your life. Take note that whenever you attain what you want you are in desirelessness itself where the initial object, the supposed cause of your desirelessness, is not present. See that this desirelessness is really causeless and it is you who are attributing causes to it.
At a certain point of maturity you will suddenly be attracted by the scent of reality and your running around in all directions, your dispersion will cease. Spontaneously, you will be oriented. Your whole perspective will change. The scent lures you and gives you a fore-taste of reality, the fore-feeling, and this brings up the tremendous urge we spoke of.
The fore-feeling comes from what is fore-felt. It is the reflection of truth. It is the spontaneous orientation when dispersion becomes one-pointed. The ego becomes more transparent and in this transparency the energy that was fixed by the ego in objects of dispersion is transferred to orientation. When the fore-feeling is there, give your whole heart to it. You must be very alert, very watchful, because the forgetting, which is our conditioning, is very strong.
Daily Spiritual Inspiration Summary:
So if you have felt or sensed reality, got the feeling when you were reading the words of a master that these are your words, felt that the descriptions of liberation are already familiar to you, or had glimpses of non-duality and Oneness, let these experiences inspire you and attend to them completely as they occur. They are the scent your need to follow.
For enlightenment, what needs to be done is simply detached moment to moment awareness of your thoughts and feelings. This silent witnessing is your peaceful, infinite nature and the more you reside as it, the more aware you will become of the workings of the ego and the less entangled you will become in it’s endless pursuits. This self-knowing then ultimately leads to global awareness and awakened living.
You have to want this very very badly. You have to want to know the truth of the matter here very very badly. You have to want to find out if this is possible or not for yourself very very badly. But since our conditioning to fall back into reactive dualistic thought is very strong we soon forget to remain a witness, so staying inspired is very very important. So find ways to keep up your inspiration and find ways to remember to always stay aware. I hope this dose of inspiration helps you in doing so.
For more spritual inspiration and tips to help you on your journey to enlightenment you may wish to check out the following articles:
And of course all the articles in this series "Insights from the Master of Meditation" below are inspiring and enlightening as well.
Article Series - Insights from the Masters of Meditation
- J. Krishnamurti Speaks on the Atman
- Shunryu Suzuki Speaks on Enlightenment and Zazen Practice
- Jiddu Krishnamurti Ponders His Enlightenment & Kundalini Awakening
- Jiddu Krishnamurti On the Flowering of Goodness
- Osho Quote On Happiness & Simply Being Yourself
- Inspiring Osho Quote on How to Live Courageously
- Inspirational Zen Quote on Life & Death
- Bhakti Yoga & the Path of Love - Quotations to Uplift Your Spirit
- Jiddu Krishnamurti Quote on the Mind & Meditation
- J. Krishnamurti Meets the Pope
- Meditation Technique to Control the Mind
- J Krishnamurti on Sensitivity - The Heart of Spiritual Living
- Spiritual Test & Spiritual Growth - The Zen Way
- What is Meditation by J. Krishnamurti
- Zen Teachings on God & How to Get His Help
- True Definition of Meditation - Take the Test
- How to Be Free | Osho on Krishna, Buddha and You
- How Does Enlightenment Happen?
- Transcendence Techniques from the Spiritual Science of Advaita Vedanta
- Key Zen Practice and Teachings for Peace of Mind
- Tao Te Ching - Lau-tzu on What is an Enlightened Master
- Daily Spiritual Inspiration to Stay Focused on Enlightement
- Sri Ramakrishna Teachings from 5 Spiritual Stories
- Bhagavad Gita Teachings - Sri Krishna on Enlightement and Illumination
- Meditation Versus Time | Mortal Enemies Forever
- Shri Ramana Maharshi Teachings on Meditation
- 3 Keys to Being Yourself
- The Yoga of Meditation | Sri Krishna Teachings
- The Key to Happiness in Life