Deep Relaxation Exercise
Yoga to Relax
The wonderful science of Yoga Breathing Exercises or Pranayamas is really worth learning as it has a wide range of applications, with deep relaxation being just one of these great benefits. You will find many pranayamas in the Free Online Yoga Breathing Exercises E-book, and in today’s article I want to detail for you another wonderful breathing exercise called Bhramari Pranayama.
This breathing exercise is excellent for promoting deep relaxation and capable of activating the Third Eye Chakra as a bonus, which is the seat of intuition and psychic powers.
If your mind is overactive, you are constantly worrying and anxious, your nerves are buzzing, then it is time to turn to this exercise. This technique will calm your mind down, sooth your nerves and give you a great sense of peace and tranquility within. Due to these pacifying powers, Bhramari Pranayama is also great to do prior to meditation, to prepare the mind for going deeper.
On the website are many other yoga and meditation techniques to help you relax deeply and I have listed those at the end of this article. In addition, please note that the De Stress Free Online Program is also now available in the free yoga and meditation program’s section. So if you want to undertake a comprehensive relaxation program, then this course is for you.
The very fist step in spiritual evolution is to learn to relax and be at ease, so having such relaxation techniques tucked away in your tool box are really very useful.
Below are the step-by-step instructions of how to practice this breathing exercise, along with benefits and other details.
Benefits of Bhramari Breathing Exercise for Deep Relaxation:
- Helps promote deep relaxation.
- Helps reduce stress and reduce anxiety.
- Helps promote sound sleep and fights insomnia.
- Helps open the Third Eye to bestow intuition and Psychic Powers.
- Helps reduces anger and irritation.
- Helps promote peace and tranquility.
Duration for Bhramari Yoga Relaxation Technique:
- As with all yoga breathing exercises you should start out gently and slowly build up from there. With Bhramari, you can start with 1-2 minutes and build up to 15 minutes.
Step by step Instructions for Bhramari Yoga Breathing Exercise:
Bhramari means bee, and this pranayama uses the humming sound of a bee to work it’s magic. I really love this technique.
- Sit up straight then elongate your spine upwards, lengthen your neck and subtly bring your chin back and in like a soldier at attention. This will align the spine with the back of your head.
- Now close your eyes and relax yourself deeply. Specially relax all the muscles of the face and forehead.
- Take 5 long deep breaths through the nose to relax and calm you further.
- Now close the flaps of your ears with your index fingers and bring your awareness to the center of your forehead. This is the location of the Ajna Chakra or Third Eye.
- Next inhale deeply and then make a slow humming sound like that of a bee (exhalation will occur naturally as a result of the sound).
- Keep the sound soft and consistent and feel the vibrations created reverberate in your forehead region.
- Once you have exhaled completely, inhale again deeply through the nose and repeat the process. Continue on with the pattern for the duration of the meditation.
More Yogic Relaxation Techniques, Teachings, Music and Exercises:
Here are more techniques for yoga and meditation that will help you relieve stress and relax deeply. Many of these articles come with video instructions and illustrations, so head on over for all the details:
Article Series - Yoga Pranayamas, Breath Control and Breathing Exercises
- Free Online Yoga Breathing Exercises (Yoga Pranayama) E-Book
- Breath Control & Yoga Pranayama Book - Breath of Fire Breathing Exercise - Ch 1
- Chakra Balancing Breathing Exercise - Breath Control & Yoga Pranayama Book
- Powerful 4 Part Deep Breathing Exercise for Vitality - Free Online Yoga Pranayama Book - Ch 3
- Bhastrika Yoga Breathing Exercise to Burn Fat for Natural Weight Loss & More
- Kapalbhati Yoga Breathing Exercise for Optimum Health & Healing- Free Online Pranayama Book- Ch 5
- Sheetali Pranayama Breathing Exercise for Stress & Anger Management
- Beginner's Guide to Yoga Breathing Exercises (Pranayama)
- Potent Yoga Breathing Exercise to Increase Energy & Treat Depression
- Advanced Kundalini Yoga Technique to Awaken Kundalini
- Yoga Breathing Technique to Feel Great, Sleep Better & Live Longer
- Supreme Yogic Breath for Brain Development & Mind Control
- Natural Way to Lower Blood Pressure | Seetkari Yoga Breathing Exercise
- Yogic Breathing Technique | Simple Yoga Breathing for Amazing Results
- Deep Relaxation with Yoga Breathing Exercise | Bhramari Pranayama
- Basic Yoga Technique to Start Your Yoga Routine
- 3 Powerful Yogic Breathing Exercises for Energy