Healing Root Chakra
Opening Root Chakra
The importance of balancing, healing and cleansing the root chakra should not be overlooked in your yoga practice. This center is responsible for your all important elimination system and is the key chakra for keeping you grounded and connected with mother earth. So in this article, I will provide a video which teaches the Yoga Crow Pose, which is an excellent technique for opening and balancing the root chakra.
Previously I had provided illustration of this pose in the article, Root Chakra Cleansing via Kundalini Yoga Crow Pose, but as I have been doing in 2011, I have now created a video demonstration of this technique as well, which I feel will be even more useful in helping you learn this exercise.
This exercise, is part of many sets here on Mastery of Meditation and Yoga. Given how effective it is in helping cleanse the root chakra, it should be no surprise that it is an integral part of the Seven Chakra Healing Kundalini Yoga Set. Another important thing to note about this pose is that when done with the arms extended as I have shown, it is also good for opening and healing the Heart Chakra.
This video, like the other yoga poses I am now creating videos for, will become part of our ongoing Free Yoga Exercise Videos here on Mastery of Meditation and Yoga.
Modifications to Crow Pose:
Crow pose involves doing a very deep squat and so caution is a must if you have bad knees or are generally inflexible. If this is the case, don’t worry, there is a nice modification to this pose, which I also show in the video below. In this modification, you will remain on your toes, instead of keeping your feet flat on the floor. Doing so greatly reduces the pressure on the knees, ankles and groin, so be sure to use it if needed.
For Yoga and Meditation Certification Students:
For students enrolled in the Online Yoga Teacher’s Training and Certification Program this yoga pose is part of your training. In the Yoga Training Manual it is chapter 55, and I will be adding this video to the appropriate article on the website as well for easy access.
Be sure to caution your students when doing this pose and if you have access to props they can be very handy when doing this pose. Specifically you can place a brick, wedge or rolled blanket under your heels to help you take this pose.
Yoga Pose for Opening and Healing Root Chakra Video Contents:
- The video gives a full demonstration of crow pose and it’s modified version as well.
- It teaches the eye and arm positions that go with this pose.
- It discusses the chakra cleansing benefits of this pose, along with other details about the technique.
- Please note if you have trouble viewing the video from here, I have provided the YouTube link as well which you can use.
Simple Yoga for Spine and Digestion
DIRECT YOUTUBE LINK –> CROW YOGA POSE FOR CLEANSING ROOT CHAKRA
Article Series - Free Online Yoga Exercise Videos
- Free Online Yoga Videos Launched
- Best Kundalini Yoga Exercise Video for Beginning Yoga Practice
- Excellent Yoga Exercise Video for Ripped Abs
- Most Popular Beginner Kundalini Yoga Set Video
- Heart Chakra Balancing Yoga Video for Love & Forgiveness
- Rapid Weight Loss Yoga Exercise Video
- Free Tantra Yoga Video for Mastering Sex Energy
- Yoga Exercises for Back YouTube Video Finally Online
- Free Yoga DVD for Beginners - Part 1
- Free Kundalini Yoga DVD for Download - Part 2
- Free Online Kundalini Yoga Class Video - Part 3
- Complete Free Yoga DVD Now Online
- Excellent Balance Yoga Pose Video for Seniors
- Simple Yoga for Spine, Digestion and Fearlessness Video
- Yoga for Healing and Opening the Root Chakra
- Best Core Yoga Pose Video
- Increase Aura Power and Energy with Eagle Pose - Video
- More Free Power Yoga Videos Online - Elbow Platform