Yoga Exercises for 6 Pack Abs
If you are interested in developing your abs, whether to get a toned six pack or to enjoy the energy and willpower developing this center gives, this article are some excellent yoga crunches for you to do. If you have been following this blog for some time, you will certainly have come across some potent ab exercises and sets already such as the, Core Abdominal Power Yoga Set and the Terrific Yoga Ab Exercises and Workout for Shaping Stomach, but I feel that when it comes to developing your abdominal muscles and core strength, variety is always very useful.
The ab crunches I am going to detail for you in this articles are not the easiest to do. But, if you have been doing your daily yoga workouts, then you should be ready for these challenging exercises. If you are new to yoga or just getting back to getting fit, not to worry there are plenty of other ab exercises on the website for you to start with.
So, if you are looking for something a little easier then please try Kundalini Yoga Stretch Pose for Core Abdominal Power. That is a good exercise to start training your ab with, and has some nice modifications for beginners. Also, at the end of this article I list a few more ab exercises that you might want to try which are great for helping you develop those six packs or balancing your Navel Center.
I call these particular exercises, Yoga Ab Crunches, and many different types of yoga use these movements. They will become part of the Online Kundalini Yoga Exercises e-book and the Hatha Yoga Galleries hosted here on Mastery of Meditation and Yoga. In addition, be on the lookout for ab yoga sets incorporating these crunches in the near future in the Free Online Kundalini Yoga Sets. Also, be sure to check out the Free Online Yoga Classes that we already offer on the website.
As always, please follow the guidelines for yoga I have laid out in the following documents…
Ab Crunches for Six Pack Abs
Illustrations for Yoga Ab Crunches
Illustration #2 – Ab Crunches Ending Positions – Variation 1
Illustration #3 – Ab Crunches Ending Positions – Variation 2
Abdominal Crunches for Six Pack Abs:
A. How to Do Yoga Ab Crunches:
- Lie on your back, interlace your fingers and place your hands at the back of your head as shown in Illustration #1 above. This is the starting position.
- For variation #1 above, in a smooth motion raise your torso up to 90 degrees and press your chest forward. Exhale as you come up and then Inhale as you return to the starting position. This completes 1 crunch. Keep going and try to isolate and use your abs muscles to pull yourself up.
- For variation #2, you are going to work your lower abs and your upper abs at the same time. In this case, as your raise your body up, also bring your legs up and off the floor as far up as you can. The ending position is shown in Illustration #3 above. Again exhale as you crunch up and exhale as you lie back down. Keep going.
- Both exercises above will give your stomach muscles a great workout, and are great for developing the core center as well as getting six pack abs.
B. Duration for Yoga Ab Exercises: 15 seconds – 11 minutes.
C. Benefits of Ab Exercises:
- Excellent exercises for developing six pack abs and strengthening your core.
- Balances and awakens the Navel Center (Manipura Chakra).
- Build willpower and strength of character.
- Strengthens the lower back and hip flexors.
- Increases energy and gives vitality and vigor.
D. Practice Tips and Cautions for Yoga Ab Crunches:
- Don’t over strain. These crunches are not the easiest to do, so if can’t do them yet, follow the suggests I gave above for easier ab exercises and try these later once you are stronger.
- These crunches can be incorporated into other abdominal sets. Add them in towards the end.
- It is perfectly fine to do take breaks in between repetitions. Just lie on your back when you do and relax, until you are ready to go again.
- Squeeze your abs to max out the workout, when you bring legs and body up for variation number 2. This will really give you a great burn.
More Yoga Ab Exercises:
As I mentioned above, there are plenty of other ab exercises you can do to train your core and develop your 6 pack. Below are some of these for you to try…