Kundalini Yoga Exercise for Root Chakra Healing
Hatha Yoga Posture for Root Chakra Opening
Kundalini yoga crow pose, is the sixth entry in our Free Online Illustrated Kundalini Yoga Poses and Exercises E-Book and this pose helps balance two very important chakras of the kundalini seven chakra system. Crow pose works primarily on clearing the root chakra (muladhara chakra), but at the same time it also helps in opening the heart chakra (anahata chakra).
By working to cleanse and balance the root chakra, this posture helps to bestow good health, strong sense of security, connectivity to nature and ample wealth. By balancing the heart chakra, this yoga pose helps love, compassion, forgiveness and generosity flow abundantly from you.
Crow pose is also common to various schools of yoga, including Hatha Yoga and Kundailini Yoga.
Below you will find two illustrations of crow yoga pose. The first is a modified version of crow pose, while the second is the full version. Please do feed free to use the modified version, never risk injury by trying a posture you don’t feel ready to do.
Unlike other kundalini yoga exercises, this posture is done with the eyes open. Detailed instructions follow below the illustrations.
Crow Pose for Root Chakra Cleansing
DIRECT YOUTUBE LINK –> CROW YOGA POSE FOR CLEANSING ROOT CHAKRA
Yoga Crow Pose for Clearing Root Chakra
Picture of Modified Kundalini Yoga Crow Pose
Picture of Kundalini Yoga Crow Pose
Kundalini Yoga Crow Pose Practice Details:
a. Step-by-Step Instructions for Kundalini Yoga Chow Pose:
- Swat on the floor with legs shoulder width apart and feet flat on the ground with the toes pointing outward.
- Reach forward with your arms and have your index finger pointing forward, while the other fingers are interlaced.
- Gaze over your extended arms and stare out into infinity.
- Keep your back straight and begin Breath of Fire Breathing Exercise.
b. Duration for Kundalini Yoga Crow Pose:
- 15 Seconds – 3 minutes.
- Start slowly and build up your time steadily from there.
c. Benefits of Kundalini Yoga Crow Pose:
- Opens and clears the root chakra bestowing great sense of security, connectivity to nature, good health, fit body, proper perspective on diet, ample wealth and clear practical, down-to-earth thinking.
- Balancing the root chakra also helps remove fears.
- Balances and heals the heart chakra, allowing love and compassion to flow.
- Increases flexibility in the groin and hips.
- Good for the health of the knee joints and ankle joints.
- Very good for toning and healing the elimination system of the body.
d. Practice Tips for Kundalini Yoga Crow Pose:
- Use the modified version illustrated above. You can also place a rolled up blanket or hard cushion under your heels to help you with this posture.
- Be careful with your knees and only go as far down as comfortable, regardless of whether you are doing the modified posture or the full pose.
- If Breath of Fire is too much, then switch to long deep breathing or normal breathing which continuing to hold the pose.
- Feel your heart center expanding as you reach forward and stare out over your hands into infinity.
Online Kundalini Yoga Kriyas Using Crow Pose: