Root Chakra Cleansing via Kundalini Yoga Crow Pose
Kundalini Yoga Exercise for Root Chakra Healing
Hatha Yoga Posture for Root Chakra Opening
Kundalini yoga crow pose, is the sixth entry in our Free Online Illustrated Kundalini Yoga Poses and Exercises E-Book and this pose helps balance two very important chakras of the kundalini seven chakra system. Crow pose works primarily on clearing the root chakra (muladhara chakra), but at the same time it also helps in opening the heart chakra (anahata chakra).
By working to cleanse and balance the root chakra, this posture helps to bestow good health, strong sense of security, connectivity to nature and ample wealth. By balancing the heart chakra, this yoga pose helps love, compassion, forgiveness and generosity flow abundantly from you.
Crow pose is also common to various schools of yoga, including Hatha Yoga and Kundailini Yoga.
Below you will find two illustrations of crow yoga pose. The first is a modified version of crow pose, while the second is the full version. Please do feed free to use the modified version, never risk injury by trying a posture you don’t feel ready to do.
Unlike other kundalini yoga exercises, this posture is done with the eyes open. Detailed instructions follow below the illustrations.
Crow Pose for Root Chakra Cleansing
DIRECT YOUTUBE LINK –> CROW YOGA POSE FOR CLEANSING ROOT CHAKRA
Yoga Crow Pose for Clearing Root Chakra
Picture of Modified Kundalini Yoga Crow Pose
Picture of Kundalini Yoga Crow Pose
Kundalini Yoga Crow Pose Practice Details:
a. Step-by-Step Instructions for Kundalini Yoga Chow Pose:
- Swat on the floor with legs shoulder width apart and feet flat on the ground with the toes pointing outward.
- Reach forward with your arms and have your index finger pointing forward, while the other fingers are interlaced.
- Gaze over your extended arms and stare out into infinity.
- Keep your back straight and begin Breath of Fire Breathing Exercise.
b. Duration for Kundalini Yoga Crow Pose:
- 15 Seconds – 3 minutes.
- Start slowly and build up your time steadily from there.
c. Benefits of Kundalini Yoga Crow Pose:
- Opens and clears the root chakra bestowing great sense of security, connectivity to nature, good health, fit body, proper perspective on diet, ample wealth and clear practical, down-to-earth thinking.
- Balancing the root chakra also helps remove fears.
- Balances and heals the heart chakra, allowing love and compassion to flow.
- Increases flexibility in the groin and hips.
- Good for the health of the knee joints and ankle joints.
- Very good for toning and healing the elimination system of the body.
d. Practice Tips for Kundalini Yoga Crow Pose:
- Use the modified version illustrated above. You can also place a rolled up blanket or hard cushion under your heels to help you with this posture.
- Be careful with your knees and only go as far down as comfortable, regardless of whether you are doing the modified posture or the full pose.
- If Breath of Fire is too much, then switch to long deep breathing or normal breathing which continuing to hold the pose.
- Feel your heart center expanding as you reach forward and stare out over your hands into infinity.
Online Kundalini Yoga Kriyas Using Crow Pose:
your voice is so annoying…doesn’t give any peace. Your video made me nerves…
1. Can you please elaborate on the finger positions more? (eg- does the palms touch each other or not? coz i know there’s a similar mudra where only the tips of the index fingers are touching and palms don’t touch – and this mudra is the ‘large intestine’ mudra.)
2. When doing the full proper pose with breath of fire, does the spine is totally erect, or slighly bent? (coz in your picture illustrations, when on heels the back is bent, and when on toes the back is straight)
3, Is the pirinium (anus) is relaxed or pulled in?
4. can’t we keep the mind on the root chakra instead of focusing above the fingers?
HI , Thanks a bundle for sending me updated and new videos and articles. I’m practicing your yoga on daily basis and it’s amazing really and I’ve improved a lot.
I’ll add this to my routine. Though it’s a real difficult posture yet you’ve made it so simple for us. may you live long Master and let us have your kind teaching.
Regards & Best Wishes
Wish u Happy Holy and I see you online Yuga every week so thanks for your online yuga.
Thank you for the response Trupti :)
Do you know if there is a difference to cleansing, balancing and activating certain chakras? Can the chakras only be “opened” and “closed” or do they have different stages of purity in addition to that?
Thank you very much :)
Here is a great video and information on more of this. Great stuff!
Good advice and clearly shown. Many people overlook the base chakra and yet it is so vital for creating the life we want. Thank you
You can try Sat Kriya – especially the part that addresses the root chakra.
We will upload more Root Chakra exercises.
All the best,
I have integrated this asana into my yoga regimen and am enjoying it very much! I noticed however that this asana seems to be the only one on your blog that directly impacts the Root Chakra – are there other asanas that also open or cleanse this psychic portal, or is Crow Pose one of the only?
Try the following kundalini yoga exercise and the pranayama below that.
Eagle Pose for Powerful Aura
Chakra Balancing Pranayama
Dear Anmol, ive been trying to find the perfect method to build a shield with but never find the right ones and my shields are easily taken off by the ill will of others; how can I improve and build a stronger shield?
Sorry to hear of the troubles you are facing. These situations are usually due to complex Karmic cycles, and my first advice is to see it as that. Debts being repaid. Whatever comes let it come, whatever goes let it go.
That being said. The following 2 techniques are good for protection against such situations.
The Gayatri Mantra is best for guarding you against ill will and guiding you correctly. Let me know if you need that text.
Also, Kundalini Yoga Eagle Pose is good for building your magnetic field for protection against the unseen and strengthening of your aura/presence.
All Good Wishes,
So good to hear from you :-D. Was just wondering yesterday how you were doing. Hope all is good.
Glad the pictures are adding more clarity. The Pranayama videos are off the ground, and the yoga set videos are planned next. Think they will take it one step further.
Thanks, as usual for brightening up my day with your comments.
i need to know if you have some powerful mantra to keep enemies subdued..i feel very miserable being not able to keep them shut out off my life..
i know i have asked an odd question to you, however i have been so desparate to keep them away from my life forever.
i shall await your reply asap, pls.!!
love and regards,
Awesome – this posture is just what I need right now.
No surprise there!
Your site continues to go from strength to strength – the photos make a HUGE difference.