Ultimate Tantra Yoga Technique to Raise Sexual Energy – Sat Kriya
Tantric Technique to Raise Sexual Energy
Sat Kriya – Kundalini Tantra Yoga Technique
Sexual energy, according to Kundalini Tantra Yoga, is considered the most concentrated form of biochemical energy in the human body. In addition, it is also considered the one form of energy that can be used, not only for physical wellbeing, but also for the evolution of consciousness. This is the primary reason why tantra yoga does not look to suppress sexual energy, but instead devises techniques to raise the vibration of this profound multi-purpose energy to help you with your spiritual growth.
One of the core techniques in Kundalini Tantra, which is designed specifically for raising the vibration of sexual energy and stimulating kundalini directly, is Sat Kriya. Sat Kriya is a key exercise in Kundalini Yoga and is recommended for everyone to do everyday. In fact, for men, who are looking to choose just one tantric yoga technique to do, Sat Kriya is the exercise that is recommended.
Here is a video demonstration of Sat Kriya, showing you exactly how to practice this wonderful technique.
Tantra Yoga Technique – Video Demonstration of Sat Kriya
YouTube Link –> Tantra Yoga Video for Sexual Health
Design of Sat Kriya – Tantric Yoga Technique to Raise Sexual Energy:
Sat Kriya is very powerful exercise for the transmutation of sexual energy and the stimulation of kundalini shakti (energy). In fact, when I was putting together the 3 Most Powerful Yoga Techniques article, Sat Kriya certainly gave Sodarshan Chakra Kriya a run for it’s money.
Sat Kriya, like Sodarshan Chakra Kriya, combines several key aspects of Kundalini Tantra to bestow it’s numerous benefits and below is a list of these components to give you an understanding behind how this terrific technique works.
- As Sat Kriya directly stimulates kundalini (potential energy stored at the base of the spine) it uses the beej (seed) Mantra SAT NAM to ensure that kundalini is being approached with respect and reverence. Using this mantra creates a humble and devotional attitude towards kundalini shakti, so that her ascent is peaceful and trouble free.
- The vibrations of the SAT NAM mantra are also used by Sat Kriya to stoke and hammer the sleeping energy at the base of the spine, thus stimulating her to awaken.
- The physical posture and movements of this tantric technique, increase the strength of your sexual energy and also direct it upwards so that it can be used by the higher centers.
- Body locks (bandhas) are further employed by Sat Kriya to channel the sex energy upwards to be used for spiritual growth.
Benefits of Sat Kriya – Tantric Yoga Technique to Raise Sexual Energy:
- Awakens Kundalini Shakti.
- Improves the entire sexual system and increases the vibrations of sexual energy. Also, channels sex energy upwards to be used for higher functions.
- Cures deep seated fears, sexual or otherwise, and makes you courageous.
- Massages the internal organs to promote health and wellbeing.
- Helps the elimination system.
- Cures sexual dysfunctions.
- Balances and harmonizes the personality with the higher self.
Kundalini Tantra Yoga Sat Kriya Illustrations:
Illustration #1 – Kundalini Tantra Yoga Sat Kriya Front View
Illustration #2 – Kundalini Tantra Yoga Sat Kriya Side View
Illustration #3 – Kundalini Tantra Yoga Sat Kriya Hand Position
Guided Sat Kriya – Tantric Technique to Raise Sexual Energy:
- Sit in rock pose. (Rock pose means to sit back on your heels with your back straight – Illustration #1 & #2).
- Stretch your arms straight up such that the upper arms are hugging your ears. The elbows should be straight. Clasp your hands together, such that all the finger are interlaced, except for the index finger of each hand. The index fingers are pointed straight up and pressed together (Illustration #3).
- Elongate your spine upwards, lengthen your neck and subtly bring your chin back and in, like a soldier at attention. This will align the spine with the back of your head.
- Now begin to chant SAT NAM as follows out loud. Speak the sound SAT powerfully and as you say it pull your navel up and in towards the spine. Feel the sound SAT hammer the base of the spine. Next, relax the belly as you say the sound NAM. The sound NAM is made softly, as opposed to the sound SAT which is made powerfully. The only movement you do consciously is the pulling in and relaxing of the navel.
- Continue to chant SAT NAM along with the navel contractions at about 8 repetitions every 10 seconds or so. Find a good rhythm.
- To end, inhale deeply and apply root lock, diaphragm lock and neck lock with your breath held in. Root lock is the contraction of the rectum, sex organ and lower navel, diaphragm lock is pulling up and in of the diaphragm and neck lock is to pull the neck muscles back while tucking the chin in and back slightly. As you apply all three locks, visualize energy being propelled up the spine and into your brain. You may repeat the application of triple lock (maha bandh) as above 2 more times if you like.
- After completing Sat Kriya you must rest (preferably on your back in corpse pose) for a time equal to that spent doing this technique.
Sat Kriya – Tantra Yoga Technique Hints & Tips
- Start with 1 minute a day, then work your way up to 3 minutes as a regular practice. If you would like to master this technique, you can build up to 11 and then 31 minutes / day.
- You will notice that there is no special breathing associated with this technique, this is because the breath takes care of itself during the exercise.
- When you apply Maha Bandha (triple lock) and hold your breath in towards the end, only do so for a period of time you are comfortable with. Do not overdo it. In addition, do not apply diaphragm lock during this stage, if you have heart problems or if it makes you uncomfortable.
- An advanced hand posture is to have the hands pressed together (like in namaste pose), instead of the finger interlaced. This advanced technique should only be practiced after you have mastered the basic method, as it will promote even greater flow of energy which you must be ready to handle.
- If you are interested in more tantric techniques associated with sex and sexuality, you can check out the Tantra & Sex category here on Mastery of Meditation.
- Sat Kriya is chapter 10 of the Free Online Kundalini Yoga Sets E-book, where you will find many other interesting and helpful yoga sets and techniques.
Tantric Technique to Raise Sexual Energy
Sat Kriya – Kundalini Tantra Yoga Technique
Tried the techinique and believed it would help. However, I can’t sit on my heals. ANy suggestions?
I tried Sat Krya and found it very powerful and effective. However, as I am doing some QiGong Tan Tien breathing as well as sexual enhancement qigong exercices, would It be possible to continue QiGong excercices together with Sat Krya. Is tthere any counter-indication. Your guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
That’s nice and good for a healthy health . This vedio clip is also nice and I think the Mastery of Meditation increase my sexually power…
sexual energy is the athmic energy. if athma has more connection with god drain positive energy then atma never feel tired. and such athma can store a lot of energy and are capable of tranforming negative thoughts into positive thoughts. however during the practice many people do fails and get traped into negative vicious cycle. or some become ego maniac. so it is importent to follow a guru when it come to spiritual energy. even a guru cannot become your mentor just inspiration. so please take this matter extreemly serious and do it right way. it is ok to learn from trial and error. however abusing such power for selfish purpose happens in the world every day. for example when you have such power. a weak lady like person come and become your subordinent. when you treat people as a subordinate then you are abusing power. so there is a lot more into it than just simply saying.
can the Sat Kriya be done in Sukh Asana? I have knee replacement and cannot sit on my heels.
Hi Anmol,First of all, lots of thanks to you for such a wonderful site. I have been suffering from anxiety and depression in past related to my own sexual performances.
I need your help on an issue. I think the solution of this might be hidden in meditation but i am not sure. Referring back to my anxiety issue every time I found myself trapped in something negative running in my mind.
Let me tell you that I am going to be a father soon & also various medical tests proved that I am physically fit.
Though I know there is nothing physically wrong with me. There is something deep seated in my mind which I don’t know how to describe. At times whenver I approach my spouse for relation I do have a hard on erection but something negative creep up in my mind & hence I found myself in the grip of anxiety again.
Please don’t take it as an offensive mail. I really need a solution.
My question to you over here is that is it possible for me to remove these negative thoughts which I know are baseless. I know sat kriya is a great technique but is it going to help in my case or do I need to look for some other yoga technique to calm my mind at that particular time.
Do we hold the breath when we do maha bandh for as long as possible while visualizing? This lock is done only after you are done with the main exercise, correct?
Also, is it safe to do other exercises before this one, for example, do a yoga class and before sivhasana I employ this exercise? Thanks as always
Really beautiful article. Learned stuff I will be using in my next article. Cuddos
I’ve recently got to see your blog and was extremely happy with the content and has been doing the regular practice of Sexual health for Men sets for the past 5 months (just started practicing Sat kriya) and found very effective. I’m interested in asking you the question of “Injaculation” (Reach orgasm with out ejaculation). I’ve recently read the article (http://www.nine3.com/Magic.html) in this under Taoist Sex of controlling ejaculation by still attaining orgasm.
Is this recommended to practice. Is it safe to perform it or will it lead to any negative reactions to the body if performed incorrectly? Could you pl. suggest, can this be performed for effective health and right way of doing it.
I have been doing Sat Kriya now for 3 days and now I am feeling an increase in sexual desire. Is this normal?