Summary: Kundalini Yoga Exercises and Kundalini Chakra Meditations to boost your immune system and get your body tuned and ready for the challenges of winter. Detoxify your system, increase your energy, burn excess fat and optimize your health with these two terrific gems from the profound science of Kundalini Yoga.
Often in Kundalini Yoga the example of a car is used to explain what this great spiritual science is trying to accomplish. Kundalini Yoga puts it this way, your body is like a Ferrari, but in not knowing how to tune it, you essentially end up living your life running around in a Pinto. If one thinks about it, we are taught a great deal of stuff in school, but we are not really taught how to optimize and take care of one of the most important things that we possess, our bodies. I know there is Gym class, I can barely remember that far back actually :-), but even there we are not really taught much regarding health and wellbeing. I do remember learning dodge ball though and I loved floor hockey, ok I digress :-D. So hopefully this website is going to make up for that lack of education and give you all the tools and techniques needed to create a powerful, refined, dynamic and Ferrari like body.
Continuing along the analogy of a car. Prior to the onset of winter my father, without fail, gets the cars to our family mechanic to winterize them. As a result our cars run forever. I know there is the great law of impermanence, but it just does not seem to apply to the wheels we have in our house :-D. I think we ought to apply this same wisdom and diligence to our bodies and with winter around the corner, especially for us here in the North Eastern US, it’s time to winterize them as well.
The combination of Kundalini Yoga exercises and the Kundalini Chakra meditation below is excellent for this purpose of tuning up the body for winter. The details of each of these yogic gems are in the articles themselves so I won’t rehash that here, but I will point out some of the important highlights and reasons for doing them prior to winter.
Benefits of Kundalini Yoga Morning Wakeup Series & Sodarshan Chakra Kundalini Yoga Meditation:
- Improve Immune System: Boost the immune system so that it’s working at maximum capacity. Will help ward off and protect against cold and flus.
- Increase Heat/Pitta: Generate heat (increase Ayurveda humour Pitta) in the body to combat the affects of winter. Thus, not allowing Ayurveda humour Vata and Ayurveda humour Kapha to be exacerbated during the winter months. This will prevent Vata/Kapha type ailments, which are more prevalent during the cold season.
- Detoxify: Detoxify the entire system at all levels to increase the flow of oxygen (prana/chi/life-force) and amplify energy (Kundalini Shakti) is the psychic pathways.
- Increase Energy: Improve the nervous system, digestive system and respiratory system, thus helping tune the body to ensure health and vitality.
- Burn Fat: Help increase the cellular metabolic rate to promote weight loss and prevent excess winter fat from being accumulated, thus, helping attain and maintain a slim trim body.
Here are the links to the Kundalini Yoga Morning Wake-up Series and Sodarshan Chakra Kundalini Yoga Meditation respectively. Time to get the Ferrari out of the garage!