Baby Yoga Pose to Calm the Mind
Baby Yoga Position
Yoga to Relax the Mind
Don’t underestimate the value of Baby Pose, when it comes to your yoga practice. A friend of mine once told me a funny story about his first yoga class. He was a martial arts specialist and when he was invited to a yoga class by a female friend he jumped at the opportunity. After all, he was single and yoga classes had lots of women who he thought he would be able to impress given his training in martial arts.
So off he went for his first yoga experience, full of pride and hope. Once there, he soon learned that the sustained aspect of yoga postures was something he was completely unprepared for and he struggled mightily in trying to keep up with all the very unimpressed women in the class . After the class, when asked which pose had been his favorite, “Baby Pose” he immediately replied. Why? Because this is the pose you take when you are tired and can’t keep up with the rest of the group, and it was the pose he spent most of the class in .
So keep baby pose in mind when you are doing your yoga. It, along with Corpse Pose, is an excellent pose to use to rest between exercises, or whenever you need a break. Both poses help to calm the mind, soothe the nervous system and bestow great relaxation. It is a great way to give the body a chance to integrate the work done by previous poses and recover for the ones to come.
Perhaps I should have added Baby Pose to the website sooner, but better late than never. It will of course become part of the free online poses that are hosted here on Mastery of Meditation and Yoga. You will find the complete indexes of yoga postures in the following 2 e-books, Free Online Hatha Yoga Galleries and Free Online Kundalini Yoga Exercises. Also, this pose will be integrated into yoga sets, which are then used in the Free Online Meditation and Yoga Classes that are offered here.
Baby pose is also great to calm kids down when they are doing their yoga and so is already a part of the Kids Yoga Program here on Mastery of Yoga. You will find those details here: Kids Yoga | A Comprehensive Guide to Teach Children Yoga.
Below please find details of how to practice Baby Yoga Pose, along with illustrations, step-by-step instructions, benefits and practice tips.
Baby Yoga Pose to Calm the Mind
Baby Yoga Pose Illustration
A. How to Do Baby Yoga Pose:
- This is an easy pose to come into. Simply sit back on your heels and close your eyes.
- Then lean forward from the waist and bring your forehead to the floor.
- Allow your arms to lie along the sides of your body, with your palms facing up. Let your stomach, shoulders and mind relax. This position is shown in Illustration #1 above.
- Once you take this pose, you can commence Simple Yogic Breathing. You can also use visualization while in this posture. Once such variation is to visualize while light rising up your spine as you inhale and exploding in the top of your head as you exhale.
- Stay in Baby Pose for as long as you like.
B. Duration of Baby Yoga Pose:
- Open, but 1-3 minutes is effective to achieve relaxation between exercises.
- Great for calming the mind and soothing the nervous system.
- Helps the body rejuvenate and recover.
- Helps activate the Third Eye Chakra.
- Helps to raise the vibration of Sexual Energy.
- Great for relaxation and stress relief.
- Helps develop a humble and devotional attitude.
D. Practice Tips:
- Remember to relax the mind when using this pose, that will make it much more effective.
- Use your breath as a point of awareness to help you come into the moment and relax.
- You can use Baby Pose in between your poses or at the end of a set to help you rejuvenate.
- Baby Pose is great to do if you are an egomaniac. It will help you become humble and soft.
More Great Tip and Techniques for Calming Your Mind
Deep Relaxation with Bhramari Yoga Breathing Technique
Relaxation Meditation Technique
#### similer to kundlini awakening
in March 2012 i felt various symptom similar to that.. i really felt so much pain and, its hard to tell all that i felt, due to those pectices, but i feel its can be all right. i just want to ask u sir, can i do this yoga pectice. for relecxing my mind and pls tell me if any suggestion. so that i can be rais up again.