Crown Chakra Meditation Technique
Crown Chakra Meditation Technique will be the 12th entry in our ongoing and popular Free Online Guided Meditation Techniques E-book. As it is also considered a Kundalini Yoga Kriya, I will include it in the Free Illustrated Kundalini Yoga Poses E-Book as well.
In the article Kundalini Seven Chakra System I gave an overview of the Kundalini Seven Chakra Model and indicated that in general Kundalini Yoga does not look to directly open or activate a particular chakra. Kundalini Yoga is designed to prepare the body for the greater flow of energy and focuses on clearing away blockages in the pathways instead. As these blockages are cleared, energy flow increases and the chakras are subsequentially balanced and healed in the process.
The meditation I am about to present here though does not follow this approach. Not only does it directly activate the Crown Chakra (Seventh Chakra), but it is even more unusual, as the Crown Chakra (Sahasrara Chakra) is one which Kundalini Yoga seldom targets directly at all. So, what does this all mean? It means please don’t overdo this potent chakra meditation. Start off slow and build up from there.
The Crown Chakra represents the spiritual dimension of life. In that if it’s unbalanced you may not have any spiritual practice, or it could be such that you are a total fanatic. A balanced Crown Chakra would mean frequent dips in Infinite Consciousness, as well as awareness and expression of the Unified Nature of Reality. So if you feel you need to give this Chakra some love and attention, then this meditation is perfect for you.
Benefits of Crown Chakra Meditation Technique:
- Experience of Bliss.
- Detachment from the mundane and material world.
- Experience of Oneness and Divine Consciousness.
- Connection and guidance from within.
- Access to the energy of beyond.
Cautions for Practicing Crown Chakra Meditation Technique:
- Do not overdo this meditation. If you start to feel too spaced out or really out of touch with reality, back off this meditation and spend some time in nature.
- Do not hold the eye position for longer than it is comfortable. If the eyes tire, just release them and reapply the position when ready.
Crown Chakra Meditation – Illustration #1
Crown Chakra Meditation – Illustration #2
Final Pose for Crown Chakra Meditation – Illustration #3
How to Do Crown Chakra Meditation:
Seventh Chakra Meditation Video
DIRECT YOUTUBE LINK –> CHAKRA MEDITATION TECHNIQUE TO AWAKEN KUNDALINI
- Sit in any cross legged posture. You can also do this meditation sitting on a chair.
- Interlace your hands is shown in the illustrations above and place them above your head. Elbows should out to the sides.
- Turn your eyes upwards such that you are trying to see the ceiling or sky right through the top of your head (Illustration #1). You will close your eyes finally for this meditation, while looking up. The illustration is just to show how the eyes are turned up.
- Hold this hand and eye position and close your eyes (Illustration #3).
- Do long deep slow breathing and feel every inhalation saturating the top of the head with energy and light. So to summarize. Your eyes are closed, but you are looking upwards with your eyeballs as if trying to see through the top of your head. You are doing long slow breathing for the duration of this meditation, and as you inhale, feel the top of the head being saturated with light and energy. Remember if the eyes tire, release them and re-establish the eyes looking upwards when you are ready again, but continue with the breathing and visualization.
- To end, rub your palms together vigorously and gently place them over your eyes, allowing the warmth to sooth and comfort them.
- Beginners can start with doing 1 minute, and build up from there to up to 11 minutes. That is the time for the entire meditation.
Article Series - Online Book of Guided Meditation Techniques
- Free Online Guided Meditation Techniques E-Book
- Zen Meditation Technique - Practice & Hidded Secret - Free Guided Meditation
- Sound Awareness Meditation Technique - Free Guided Meditation Book for Daily Practice - Ch 2
- Opening Third Eye (Ajna) Chakra Meditation Technique for Psychic Powers
- So Hum Mantra Meditation Technique: Free Guided Meditation Book for Daily Practice
- Prosperity & Infinite Energy Meditation Technique - Free Guided Meditation Book for Daily Practice - Ch 5
- Weight Loss Visualization Meditation w/ 3SRB Breathing Technique- Guided Meditation Book- Ch 6
- Relaxation Meditation Technique for Immediate Stress Reduction
- Meditation for Improving Concentration
- Kundalini Yoga Meditation for Healing & Psychic Powers
- Powerful Chakra Meditation to Open Third Eye
- Rare Crown Chakra Meditation Technique
- Meditation Techniques - The Ultimate Guide
- Smiling Buddha Meditation for Happiness & Confidence
- Powerful Meditation for Making Money & Success
- Kundalini Yoga's Highest Mantra Meditation
- Beautiful Light Meditation for Developing Intuition, Joy and Creativity
- How to Do Advanced Jyana Yoga Meditation Videos | Silent Mind Meditation
- Meditation Technique Guranteed to Cure Insomnia
- A Beginner's Guide To Walking Meditation
- Potent Serpent Meditation for Awakening Kundalini Shakti
- How To Master Walking Meditation
- The Best Jnana Yoga Mantra Meditation
- Mindfulness Meditation for Beginners - Part 1
- 50 Excellent Mindfulness Meditation Tips and Techniques - Part 2
- Powerful Gayatri Mantra Meditation Video to Open Third Eye