Yoga Meditation to Develop Your Psychic Powers
Kundalini Yoga Meditation for Healing
Lord Jesus Christ is loved dearly by those of us who practice Yoga and understand the power of love, forgiveness and sacrifice. According to ancient Yogic scriptures, Jesus traveled extensively through Tibet and India during what is commonly called the Lost Years of Jesus (between the ages of 13 and 30), studying and teaching the Truth during this time. According to such yoga lore, the following meditation was one that Jesus learned and mastered, which further enhanced his great power to heal and cure others.
This meditation is called Doei Ashtapad Jap, and it is best known for bestowing the power to heal and for helping you develop your psychic abilities. It is the ninth meditation of the Free Online Guided Meditation Techniques E-Book.
Design of Doei Ashtapad Jap – The Healing Meditation:
Doei Ashtapad Jap combines several key aspects of Kundalini Yoga to help you develop your psychic powers, ability to be a healer and bestow it’s other numerous benefits. Below is a list of these components to give you an understanding behind how this meditation works.
- Uses Yoga Pranayama (breath control) to help purify the psychic channels and calm the mind.
- Uses Mantra Meditation (Mantra Jap) to tune your energy centers, clear energetic blockages and bring forth your full capacity. The 2 mantras used are SA TA NA MA, which means, existence, life, death and rebirth and WAHAY GURU, which means ecstasy beyond words.
- Uses yoga numerology, specifically the count of 16, which is related to the Third Eye Chakra (Ajna Chakra) to help open and balance this important energy vortex.
- Uses Shambhavi Mudra (eye position described below), to further stimulate the Third Eye Chakra, which is the seat of your intuition and wisdom, and awakening which, often bestows or enhances your inherent psychic powers.
Benefits of Doei Ashtapad Jap – The Healing Meditation:
- Ability to heal and cure others.
- Open the Third Eye Chakra and develop your psychic powers.
- Master the mind and develop concentration.
- Helps you develop control over your respiratory system.
- Calms the entire system to help combat stress and anxiety.
Guided Doei Ashtapad Jap – The Healing Meditation:
Follow the step by step guided meditation below to practice this technique.
- Sit in a comfortable cross legged position. You may also sit on a chair to practice this meditation.
- Set your alarm or other time device to the appropriate duration. You can start with 1 minute and build up from there to 3, 11, 31 and then 62 minutes / day.
- Elongate your spine upwards, lengthen your neck and subtly bring your chin back and in, like a soldier at attention. This will align the spine with the back of your head.
- Place your hands in Gyan Mudra (Gesture of Knowledge). Which is thumb and index finger lightly meeting, wrists resting gently on the knees and palms facing upward. The other 3 fingers are extended.
- Take 5 deep, slow breaths though the nose. This will oxygenate your blood and relax you.
- Close your eyes and then turn them upwards such that you are looking through the center of your forehead. This is called Shambhavi Mudra and will help stimulate and help open the all important Third Eye Chakra. Make sure you are not straining your eyes excessively as you focus on your brow.
- Now inhale slowly while mentally repeating the following mantra 16 times: SA TA NA MA. So you should mentally say the complete mantra 16 times while doing a long slow light inhalation.
- Once the inhalation is complete, repeat the mantra Wahay Guru 16 times while exhaling slowly.
- Continue for the duration of the meditation.
- At the end of the meditation, try to remain with the all inclusive awareness and the sense that all is included in you.
Doei Ashtapad Jap – The Healing Meditation Tips:
- Try to keep the inhalation and exhalation portions of the cycle even.
- You can break up the count of 16 into 2 parts of 8 to help you keep track of how many mantra repetitions you have completed. You can use the folds (and tip) of the index finger to count up and down in sets of 4 as well.
- Another powerful technique for opening the Third Eye Chakra is described in the article: Opening Third Eye Chakra Psychic Powers.
- If you are interested in learning more about Kundalini Yoga you may wish to participate in the Free Online Yoga & Meditation Classes that are available on Mastery of Meditation.