Smiling Buddha Meditation for Happiness & Confidence
Happy Buddha Meditation Technique
Meditation for Joy & Positivity
Spring is finally here, a long winter is winding down and nature is eagerly waiting for warm, sunny days and refreshing, starry nights. This is a time for much celebration, and so to usher in this new season I thought it would be great to introduce the uplifting and joyous Smiling Buddha Meditation.
It is reputed that this meditation was prescribed to the Buddha, by a rishi (saint) to help him regain his positive mind and recover emotionally after a long stretch of meditation and fasting. Although, this meditation appears to be a simple technique, it is actually incorporating many important aspects of Kundalini Yoga to achieve it’s results.
The meditation uses, the power of mantra (sound vibrations that create corresponding states of consciousness), mudra (hand positions that create certain energy flow in the subtle body), eye positions, mental focus and the science of spirit to bestow it’s wonderfully uplifting benefits.
Smiling Buddha Kundalini Yoga Meditation will be the 13th entry in our ongoing and popular Free Online Guided Meditation Techniques E-book. As it is also considered a Kundalini Yoga Kriya, I will include it in the Free Illustrated Kundalini Yoga Exercises E-Book as well.
If you are suffering from the winter blues and depression (SAD), this is a great technique for you to do. Also, if you are aware of the 10 Bodies of Light Numerology and have been told you need to work on your Positive Mind (third body of light), then too this is the meditation of choice for you to do.
If you are interested in getting a Yoga Numerology Reading, Master Number Analysis and Transformation Program, you can get more details about this service here: 10 Bodies of Light Yoga Numerology. Here is a sample reading and analysis: Sample Numerology Reading & Analysis. Please note there is a 3 week waiting list at this time, due to the large number of requests I have received.
Happy Buddha Yoga Meditation Video
DIRECT YOUTUBE LINK –> SMILING BUDDHA MEDITATION FOR HAPPINESS
Benefits of Smiling Buddha Meditation Technique:
- Promotes joy, bliss and happiness.
- Balances and heals the Positive Mind.
- Gives you the confidence to face and overcome challenges.
- Gives you the energy to inspire and uplift others.
- Helps open the Third Eye and bestows intuition and insight.
- Develops mental focus and concentration.
Smiling Buddha Meditation Practice Details:
- Sit with your legs crossed and back straight. You can also do this meditation sitting on a chair, but sitting cross legged is more effective for this technique.
- Place both your hands in Maha Gyan Mudra. To take Maha Gyan Mudra, curl your ring finger and pinkie under your thumb, while keeping the other two finger extended upwards and straight.
- Bring your hands to the side of your shoulders (about 8-12 inches away), palms facing forward. Your elbows will be bent and your index and middle finger will be pointing straight up.
- Close your eyes and apply Sambhavi Mudra. To do this, turn your eyes upwards such that you are looking through the center of your forehead. Do not strain when applying this mudra. If your eyes tire, release the mudra and then re-apply it once ready.
- SMILE. Don’t forget this step .
- Hold this hand and eye position, then begin to mentally chant the Mantra Sa-Ta-Na-Ma continuously. Sa Ta Na Ma, is the most fundamental of Kundalini Yoga mantra. It stands for Infinity, Life, Death & Rebirth.
- Throughout the meditation make a conscious effort to relax, be at ease and be positive. Allow the mantra to take over and feel great happiness, peace and joy within you as you chant silently.
- To end, rub your palms together vigorously and gently place them over your eyes, allowing the warmth to sooth and comfort them.
- You can start with 3 minutes and work you way up to 31 minutes.
Hope you enjoy this meditation and it brings you great peace, happiness and confidence. Keep Smiling!
I am interested on your meditations techniques. My questions is there any meditations to get an oppurtunity like good jobs? and how?
hello sir, i wanted to thank u for your service to mankind. . .this really is helping a lot of ppl and is sure to bring u lots of blessing for your deeds:)
hi anmol, this looks quite simple to do.interesting too.definitely wil try this technique.thax for sharing such valuable posts.
sir,you have started really a wonderful program of educating people.I wamt you to send me more and more such things to develop myself and to get a good character.
Aap ke liye :-)
Free On-line Mantra E-Book.
mujhe sanskrit ved mantra ki direct free download link chahiye? kya app mujhe bata sakte hai
I have tried it both ways and like either approach. Try it with concentrating on the Mantra first and see how it feels. The affects of this meditation are quite rapid.
I have been meaning to publish some more strengthening poses, hopefully will get them online soon. Till then do Plank’s Pose and Cobra (add cobra push-ups) that will be good for the arms, although it does not isolate just the biceps.
hi anmol, should i look up at my third eye with a consciously looking into the darkness, or should i look up and only focus on the chanting?
also, i need a pose that will strengthen my biceps
thank you, anmol :)
I like this meditation. It is explained well and I am going to start it now.
Thanks for adding my post to spiri2al.com. Glad you liked the article.
I really like your meditation instructions. Especially the step ‘don’t for get to smile’ :) I think sometimes we can take meditation too seriously so it’s good to be reminded of the need for joy.
I’ve added your post to spiri2al.com, please stop by and vote for it if you get the chance.