Illustrated Yoga Archer Pose for Building Confidence and Self-Esteem
Summary: Kundalini Yoga Archer Pose is the favorite of many yogis. It is truly a warrior’s pose and it helps build confidence and self-esteem, while expanding the energetic body of the practitioner.
Yoga Pose for Confidence & Self-Esteem
Illustrated Kundalini Yoga Pose #3
Kundalini Yoga is often called the yoga for warrior saints and the one pose that perhaps best reflects this unique attitude is Archer Pose. This pose will be the third entry in the Free Online Illustrated Kundalini Yoga Poses & Exercises E-Book.
Archer Pose is often part of Kundalini Yoga kriyas geared towards expansion of energy and self, as it helps open up your psychic channels to promote the greater flow of energy and power. It works on all the chakras of the Kundalini Yoga Seven Chakra System simultaneously, helping them open, heal and balance.
Below, you will find an illustration of Kundalini Yoga Archer pose, practice details, cautions and instructions for how to employ this powerful posture to help boost your confidence and self-esteem. Also, provided are the online Kundalini Yoga Kriyas which use this pose.
Picture of Kundalini Yoga Archer Pose
Kundalini Yoga Archer Pose Practice Details:
a. Step-by-Step Instructions for Kundalini Yoga Archer Pose:
- Stand and place your feet wide apart.
- Now have your left foot pointing to your left, have you right foot pointing in slightly, the heels of both feet should be in a straight line. Your torso should be straight and facing forward.
- Low lean to the left so that 70% of your weight is on your left leg. Your left knee should occlude your left foot from view if you were to look down. There should be a stretch in your right upper thigh.
- Now extend your left arm out to the left as if holding a bow and turn your head to the left and gaze over your left fist.
- Now with the right hand pretend as if you are pulling back the bow strings. Your right hand should be all the way past your right chest.
- Do Long Deep Powerful Breathing while holding this posture and gazing steadily over your left fist.
- With every breath, engage the mind, and feel yourself expanding and growing more and more powerful. Keep you gaze deadly focused, with the intent that you are breaking through all obstacles and barriers.
- After half the time reverse the direction of the posture.
b. Duration for Kundalini Yoga Archer Pose:
- 1 minute – 3 minutes / side
c. Benefits of Kundalini Yoga Archer Pose:
- Excellent yoga posture for your entire body, mind and spirit.
- Opens up and expands your energy channels.
- Builds confidence, courage and self-esteem.
- Helps the body eliminate stress from deep within the tissues.
- Expands and builds your nervous system.
- Improves concentration and mental focus.
- Expands your chest and lungs, improving your respiratory system.
- Good for toning your leg muscles and strengthening your shoulders.
d. Practice Tips for Kundalini Yoga Archer Pose:
- If you are already an ego maniac and have power issues, this exercise is not for you. This posture is going to make you feel very powerful, strong and brave so use it accordingly.
Online Kundalini Yoga Kriyas Using Archer Pose:
- Online Kundalini Yoga Exercises for Healthy Weight Loss: Excellent yoga set to increase metabolism, burn fat and lose weight.
Thank you for your positive comment. Much appreciated.
ur site is too good and must have helped many of us. very few of us do something for others without any beneit. and as u reply also towards our problems thts really a nice job. keep it up. may God bless u.
is there any yoga that can develop judge power in me so that could judge a person what he / she actually is. I have been fed up now with this world by cheating me again and again.
i would like to know when to do this self esteem yoga?
Like vajrasan can i do this kundalini yaga arch(for self esteem and confidence after breakfast or only coffee? or shall i do it without taking anything not even tea or coffee?
I have addressed your urgency on weight loss on the other posts.
All the best,
hey anmol, can u pls reply to my mails.???
Thanks for your reply Anmol. I will start doing these exercises everyday and let you know how it goes. Thank you again.
I would suggest the 3 following things.
1. Archer Pose is good, and add Eagle Pose as well.
2. Start the Online Meditation Class. Zen Meditation helped me a lot with my shyness issues. This class also has Anuloma Vilom breathing which is very good for calmness.
3. Finally read the following article. Osho on Courage.
Let me know how it goes.
Hi Anmol, I would like to start by saying your website is amazing! I have problems which I hope you can help me with. I am a shy person sometimes and start blushing very easily, on top of that I sometimes jump easily at noises! This affects my daily life and I was wondering if you could advise me on the best exercises for this. Is the archer pose good for shyness? I try thinking positively and breathing deep but doesnt always help.
I have read your various articles about yoga and pranayam.
I want a help from you.
Currently i am facing many problem in my life. I have done MBA, i was in a job where i was getting good salary. But i could not continue coz i could not memorise names and other things. My memory is terrible. I cannot remind the name of the person, chapter name, page no i read 5 minuts ago. I really feel ashamed of myself. After that i am preparing for the exam but i dont want to study even after knowin dat this is the last chance for me. I dont feel motivated for anythin. I have to loose weight but after going for jogging for 2 or 3 days i stop doin that, and i convince myself dat it is not going to work. I have joined gym for 5 to 6 times in last 3 months but dont go there bcause of my lazyness. My life sucks right now. I just dont feel anything doing. I feel i cannot do a single thing sucessfully in my life. i am 26 now and sitting at my home playing computer games all day instead of studying.
Please suggest me tyoes of yogas fhat will help me solvin my problems.
I didnt know where to post this therefore i have posted here……
Please help …..
Glad you found the guide useful. Your sets look solid to me.
Thanks for getting back to me! I had a feeling you might say it was probably a bit too ambitious because I was beginning to get that feeling myself as I was typing it. I’ve decided to drop the cat cow and third chakra stuff.
I took a look at your guide and it’s a great help. In order to follow those principles I’m going to try to break it up into two sections and just wanted to see if you thought they’d be good sequences.
-Sodarchan Chakra Kriya
– Follow the order of the Male Sexual Health set with Archer Pose thrown in between frog pose and Sat Kriya.
-Meditation after corpse pose.
Does this seem more reasonable? Is it correct order?
That might be too much to do at one time. See if you can use the guide I have provided to order your exercises. For sure I would suggest to end with Sodarshan Chakra Kriya and break up this work into 2 sessions.
6 Guidelines for Designing Yoga Sets
Let me know how it goes.
Your site is fantastic…tons of great info here.
I’ve been doing kundalini yoga for a few years and am trying to tailor a kriya with specific asanas for all the things I’m trying to work on in my life right now. I’d like to put together one that includes eagle pose, subagh kriya, archer pose, all the poses in the male sexual health kriya you posted, sodarchan chakra kriya, cat cow for deep seated fears and perhaps something for the third chakra to keep my will power up.
I would like to do this kriya in the morning so I can meditate at night. I know I’ve listed a lot of kriyas here, so I guess I’m asking for a sequence and also whether I should do them all at once or split it into morning and evening sadhanas.
Thanks so much for your great work here.
Please start with Course 99 (Intro to Yoga). Let me know your progress.
Just keep up with your practice. A consistent practice will be very helpful for a permanent cure.
you know when i practice i feel good no depression but when i finish Its like back to real world, hope that helps. latter.
i have week memory,poor concentration, low self esteem,poor confidence and most of the time abosrb in negative thoughts.i like to know which yoga poses are good for me to get rid of these problems as well as ensure good health