Illustrated Yoga Archer Pose for Building Confidence and Self-Esteem
Summary: Kundalini Yoga Archer Pose is the favorite of many yogis. It is truly a warrior’s pose and it helps build confidence and self-esteem, while expanding the energetic body of the practitioner.
Yoga Pose for Confidence & Self-Esteem
Illustrated Kundalini Yoga Pose #3
Kundalini Yoga is often called the yoga for warrior saints and the one pose that perhaps best reflects this unique attitude is Archer Pose. This pose will be the third entry in the Free Online Illustrated Kundalini Yoga Poses & Exercises E-Book.
Archer Pose is often part of Kundalini Yoga kriyas geared towards expansion of energy and self, as it helps open up your psychic channels to promote the greater flow of energy and power. It works on all the chakras of the Kundalini Yoga Seven Chakra System simultaneously, helping them open, heal and balance.
Below, you will find an illustration of Kundalini Yoga Archer pose, practice details, cautions and instructions for how to employ this powerful posture to help boost your confidence and self-esteem. Also, provided are the online Kundalini Yoga Kriyas which use this pose.
Picture of Kundalini Yoga Archer Pose
Kundalini Yoga Archer Pose Practice Details:
a. Step-by-Step Instructions for Kundalini Yoga Archer Pose:
- Stand and place your feet wide apart.
- Now have your left foot pointing to your left, have you right foot pointing in slightly, the heels of both feet should be in a straight line. Your torso should be straight and facing forward.
- Low lean to the left so that 70% of your weight is on your left leg. Your left knee should occlude your left foot from view if you were to look down. There should be a stretch in your right upper thigh.
- Now extend your left arm out to the left as if holding a bow and turn your head to the left and gaze over your left fist.
- Now with the right hand pretend as if you are pulling back the bow strings. Your right hand should be all the way past your right chest.
- Do Long Deep Powerful Breathing while holding this posture and gazing steadily over your left fist.
- With every breath, engage the mind, and feel yourself expanding and growing more and more powerful. Keep you gaze deadly focused, with the intent that you are breaking through all obstacles and barriers.
- After half the time reverse the direction of the posture.
b. Duration for Kundalini Yoga Archer Pose:
- 1 minute – 3 minutes / side
c. Benefits of Kundalini Yoga Archer Pose:
- Excellent yoga posture for your entire body, mind and spirit.
- Opens up and expands your energy channels.
- Builds confidence, courage and self-esteem.
- Helps the body eliminate stress from deep within the tissues.
- Expands and builds your nervous system.
- Improves concentration and mental focus.
- Expands your chest and lungs, improving your respiratory system.
- Good for toning your leg muscles and strengthening your shoulders.
d. Practice Tips for Kundalini Yoga Archer Pose:
- If you are already an ego maniac and have power issues, this exercise is not for you. This posture is going to make you feel very powerful, strong and brave so use it accordingly.
Online Kundalini Yoga Kriyas Using Archer Pose:
- Online Kundalini Yoga Exercises for Healthy Weight Loss: Excellent yoga set to increase metabolism, burn fat and lose weight.
what is he time span to see the results of any yoga exercise?
please tell me why this archer pose is close fisted rather than thumb up? thank you!~
hw many times we hv to do it?????????time?aftr food?
I am facing the same situation which is said by Pravin so please help me to improve my confidence with the help of Yoga.