Free Online Beginner’s Yoga Class
Online Beginner’s Yoga Class
Free Basic Yoga Postures & Breathing Exercises (Course #99)
As the Free Online Beginner’s Meditation Class has been very popular and beneficial for you all, I felt it would be a good idea to design a pure Beginner’s Yoga Class as well. As usual please note that all the material needed for this Beginner’s Yoga Class is available via the links on this post and you can start anytime you wish.
For more details on the free online classes offered at Mastery of Meditation & Yoga, please go to the Free Online Yoga & Meditation Classes page. In addition to the video and information on that page, you may also wish to read the Free Online Yoga & Meditation Classes FAQ. Questions such as how to register, participate, etc. are all answered there.
The focus of the Beginner’s Yoga Class is to help you learn basic yoga postures and basic yoga breathing exercises and to help you establish a strong, daily personal yoga practice. Consistent practice is the most important aspect of yoga and meditation, and is the key to obtaining the enormous benefits these sciences offer.
The beginner’s yoga class is going to use yoga breathing exercises (pranayamas) from the Free Online Yoga Breathing Exercises E-book and yoga poses from the Free Online Yoga Sets E-book, both of which come with videos and illustrations as needed.
Free Online Beginner’s Yoga Program Overview:
This course is designed for 1 week, but, as mentioned above, for a long, healthy, peaceful life you should aim to establish a long-term yoga practice. The beginner’s yoga class should hopefully go a long way in getting you started on that path. In this post I will provide the program objectives, details, syllabus and participation guidelines. Please read through everything carefully so you will be able to get maximum benefit from the program.
As mentioned above, this program consists of fundamental and highly effective yoga postures and yoga breathing exercises. It is not limited to the techniques of any one tradition, as I chose some of the most important techniques that yoga has to offer on the whole. The yoga exercises are from kundalini yoga, and some of the breathing techniques are from hatha yoga.
To register please leave a comment below that you are going to start the Online Beginner’s Yoga Program, or just send me an email at email@example.com. This way I know what kind of participation and interest there is.
Free Online Beginner’s Yoga Program Objectives:
- Learn basic yoga techniques and yoga breathing exercises.
- Promotes health, peace and joy.
- Increase energy and vitality.
- Improve flexibility and strength.
- Promote self healing.
- Develop confidence and willpower.
- Balance the mind and emotions.
- Develops the Immune System, Nervous System, Respiratory System, Circulatory System and Digestive System.
- Develop mental focus and concentration.
- Burn fat and tone the muscles.
Free Online Beginner’s Yoga Program Details:
Each session consists of 2 sections: Breathing exercises (pranayama) and Yoga Exercises. The exercises are designed to allow you to pace yourself. If you are a beginner or just getting back into yoga, please use the modifications for the difficult exercises and do the beginner’s versions until you develop your practice a little. The total time for this class is approximately 30 minutes / day. Do the best you can and most importantly, walk the middle path with regard to each session. DO NOT OVERDO OR OVER STRAIN and at the same time don’t have it be too easy either.
- 10 Important Guidelines to Kundalini Yoga Practice
- Essential Beginners Guide to Yoga Practice
- Beginner’s Guide to Yoga Breathing Exercises (Pranayama)
- Legal Disclaimer
- Breath of Fire Breathing Exercise
- Kapalbhati Yoga Breathing Exercise for Optimum Health & Healing
- Chakra Balancing Breathing Exercise (Anuloma Viloma Pranayama)
- 4 Part Deep Breathing Yoga Exercise
- Yoga Poses for Beginner’s
Free Online Beginner’s Yoga Program Syllabus:
The following describes the 2 sections comprising the 30-45 minute daily yoga and pranayama sessions for this class. The approximate total times for each section are also given. Take more rest if you need to, or if you feel comfortable do the poses and exercises a little longer.
Each breathing exercise and the yoga set below is a link to the article with all the details you need.
Beginner’s Yoga Program: Each day do the following…
Section 1: Breathing Exercises Section (Pranayama): Total time 5-15 Minutes
- Chakra Balancing Breathing Exercise (Anuloma Viloma Pranayama): Anuloma Viloma pranayama (or Alternate Nostril Breathing) is excellent for preparing your mind for meditation. It will calm the thought waves and make it easier for the stillness to emerge. Start with 5 cycles and build up to 20 cycles.
- Kapalbhati Yoga Breathing Exercise for Optimum Health & Healing: Next do Kapalbhati Yoga Pranayama, which is one of the best pranayamas for health and healing. Start with 1 minute and work up to 5 minutes. Take rest between rounds as required.
- 4 Part Deep Breathing Yoga Pranayama: This is a great yoga breathing exercise for beginner’s and experts alike. It is perfect for getting your energy before starting your yoga practice. Start with 1 minute and work up to 5 minutes. Take rest between rounds as required.
Section 2: Yoga Section: Total time 15-30 minutes
- Beginner’s Yoga Positions: After completing your breathing exercises do the beginner’s yoga set. This set incorporates many of the fundamental yoga exercises and postures and is a great set to get you on your way with yoga practice. Start with the minimum times for each exercise and build up from there.
Free Online Beginner’s Yoga Program Guidelines:
Following are the guidelines which I suggest to follow…
- Please post all comments, questions and feedback in the comments section of this post. This way all will benefit from the discussion. Feel free to ask questions or discuss issues, as that is one of the main reasons for this particular class format. Of course, you are free to email me as well if you would like the discussion to not be public.
- If you like, you can indicate with a comment that you have completed your daily session. Could be as short as “did it”, or of course could be questions, issues or more detailed feedback. The hardest part with a daily yoga and meditation practice is establishing consistency and regularity and I think having to acknowledge that you completed your daily sadhana (spiritual work) will help in facilitating that. In addition, your comments would inspire others as well.
- I will post all information regarding the class in the comments section below as well, so please check periodically for updates.
- Before starting your daily yoga and meditation session, take a moment and tune in to your higher self for guidance and protection. At the end of every session, visualize yourself and the world as you would like it to be.
- Do the best you can and modify the class as you require. It is more important to do something, than be overwhelmed and not do anything at all.
- I wish you all a wonderful learning and transforming experience and hope you achieve your highest potential in this life.
The following set fits in very nicely with the beginner’s yoga set. Do it before the beginner yoga set. And it has a nice twist in it as well.
This set (Spinal Warm-up Series) I do before any yoga set. It is very helpful and enjoyable, hope you find it to be the same.
Spinal Warm-up Series Kundalini Yoga Set
I have been wanting to do some twists lately. What are some good ones that will fit in with the beginners set?
I really want to visit New Zealand one day. All that I have seen about that country is simply breathtaking :-). Lucky you!
Great to hear the yoga class fulfilled it’s purpose and really appreciate your feedback.
I just did the class this morning. It was wonderful and made me aware of how lovely and peaceful my home is.
Im from New Zealand and have been trying out various yoga classes for a few years. Its lovely to be able to go at the pace i want.
Glad you are enjoying the website and planning the start the online class. Thanks for your feedback as well and let me know if you run into any issues.
Welcome back!!! Great to hear you are going to restart your practice.
No worries. Great to hear you have started the online class and thanks a lot for registering.
Let me know if you run into any issues or have any questions.
Great to hear you are starting the online yoga class. Let me know how it goes.
Great to hear you are starting the online yoga and meditation programs. Let me know how it goes.
Great to hear you have been benefiting from the online yoga videos and that you plan to help your mother out as well. That’s the best way to spread the wisdom.
All Good Wishes,
your website is really very good. i was searching 4 this sort of information for a long time.
starting the course today
I’m back and I’m starting again!
I have started beginners yoga and meditation before 4 days. I apologize for the delay to register.
I’m going to start the yoga class,too.
I’m very excited….
Thank you for the great site!
I will be starting the Beginner’s Yoga Class today. Thank you :0)
I would like to register. Have already done a few exercise form various videos, but want to be more consistent. Also, i want to get my always-stressed mother to do yoga and breathing, so i need to learn and then teach her.
I can’t believe you put so much effort into this free service! Thank you!!!
Thank you for your feedback and great to hear of the benefits you are enjoying.
Great to hear you are going to start the online classes. Let me know how it goes.
3rd day of beginners yoga and meditation. I feel great! I have been practising the yoga set in the morning and meditation in the early evening. I feel increased confidence and vitality, not to mention renewel of concentration and patience when I need it most. I will definitely keep this up. Thanks!
Looking so forward to starting your yoga classes!
An mportant part to spiritual well-balance I believe.