Yoga Exercise to Tone Thighs and Buttocks
Workout for Thighs
How to Tone Thighs and Butt
One of the best yoga exercises for strengthening your legs is Frog Pose for Toned Legs, but not far behind is another superb and simple exercise for firming and toning your thighs and buttocks, and today I would like to detail this excellent exercise for you. It is simply called Yoga Deep Knee Bends or Deep Squats Yoga Exercise, and for those familiar with my free yoga videos, you will have already encountered it in the popular Rapid Weight Loss Yoga Exercises Set.
As kids there was a famous exercise that we all used to have fun doing, which was called “Uttack Battack”, which is essentially standing up and squatting back down repeatedly, and Deep Knee Bends is pretty much this same exercise with a small variation for the arms. For those of you familiar with Indian Bollywood Actresses, Shilpa Shetty, who is known for having a slim, fit and firm body, confessed that this very exercise was instrumental in helping her shape and tone her thighs and buttocks early in her career as well. So for those of you looking to get your legs and butt toned and shapely, it’s time to revisit this favorite exercise from the days past.
Of course, there are more important benefits to having your lower body strong and fit, than just sexy looks, and a workout including Deep Knee Bends is sure to help you enjoy those many benefits as well. These I have detailed below in the practice section for this exercise. In addition, you will find cautions, modifications and illustration of this exercise in that section as well. Deep Squats Yoga Exercise will be part of the following 2 free online e-books here on Mastery of Meditation and Yoga: Free Hatha Yoga Poses and Online Kundalini Yoga Exercises, where you will find a huge collection of other yoga poses and exercises, fully illustrated and detailed.
Please also follow the guidelines on how to practice yoga, which I have detailed in the following 2 articles, Beginner’s Guide to Yoga Practice and Guidelines for Kundalini Yoga Practice.
Yoga Exercise to Firm and Tone Thighs and Buttocks
Illustration #1 Deep Knee Bends Starting Position
Illustration #2 Deep Knee Bends Ending Position
Illustration #3 Deep Knee Bends Ending Position – Side View
Deep Squats Yoga Exercise for Toned Thighs and Buttocks:
a. Instructions for Deep Squats Yoga Exercise:
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Extend both arms straight out in front of you, with fingers extended and palms facing down. Illustration #1.
- Find a point in front of you to concentrate on, this will help you with your balance and focus.
- Inhale through the nose as you squat down slowly. You should try to squat down to where you are making a ninety degree angle at your knees as I have shown above in Illustrations 2 and 3.
- Exhale as you slowly stand back up.
- Continue at a smooth, steady pace for the duration of the workout.
b. Duration for Deep Squats Yoga Exercise: 1-5 mins
c. Benefits of Deep Squats Yoga Exercise:
- Excellent for firming and toning your thighs and buttocks.
- Increases energy and builds vitality.
- Helps burn fat and calories to promote healthy weight loss.
- Works on your fitness level by increasing your heart rate and circulation.
- Increases virility and improves sexual fitness.
- Strengthens your shoulders.
d. Practice Tips for Deep Squats Yoga Exercise :
- If you have bad knees you need to careful with this exercise. Only go as far down as you are comfortable.
- If you feel your thighs burning too much, stop and take a short break. Then begin again once you have recovered.
- If your shoulder tiers, but your legs feel strong, you can lower your hands and continue with the squats.
Another great exercise that I would like to mention for shaping and toning your thighs and butt is Yoga Chair Pose and you will find details for that exercise in the following article: Yoga Chair Pose for Sexual Health.
I want to increase my hips size I want to get 38 plz tell me best yoga asans thank u…